TN: 2016 Clothing Optional Wine Co. (USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone)

• 2016 Clothing Optional Wine Co. - USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone (12/13/2020)
    Beguiling nose - musky apricot, a sweet perfume, a hint of sage veering towards eucalyptus groves, a steely mineral edge. Lightly cloudy with a deep, bright golden hue. Pleasantly lush at first but then the minerality cuts in with precision in the middle then a mandarin acidity comes in and stays a while. Serious dried mandarin vibes, but with an herbal bent. Damn I love this. (this was just 15min out of the fridge, on the colder side, maybe a mistake, but a happy one) (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

This is punching my tastebuds in wonderful ways. We’ll see how it evolves over the next hour plus…

2 Likes

Did you eat it with the mackerel?

I did not… saving that for the next bottle : )

It’s gotten slightly more aromatic as it comes closer to room temp, really dig this, no harm in serving it cold though.

I was so close to opening one of these tonight, but had other wines open that needed finishing. Thanks for the early look. Sounds great. I look forward to trying it. And the mackerel!

1 Like

Please do, it works! These are incredibly delicious. Been through 3 bottles already.

D6F4FB9A-5310-46DE-8238-C45AC7AB8555.jpeg

3 Likes

Night two. Confirmed my love for this wine. Same notes. Just ordered another 3 pack. : )

Thanks for the re-orders, Brad and Brian [worship.gif]

The 2016 white is really something with the mackerel (add extra capers for the win!). We are psyched everyone is trying it!

Dirty & Rowdy Family Wines YouTube page:
“2016 Clothing Optional White Wine Pairing”
December 18, 2020

This wine continues to be one of my favorites - love the complexity, the layers, the funk. One of those wines that just makes you shake your head in wonder at the world (especially at a time when we could use a bit more wonder). There is still a bit available on the Clothing Optional website, where you might find some other surprises as well.

1 Like

Simply best “orange” or skin contact wine I’ve tasted…period. The aroma, the cloudy mysteriousness, the determination of this wine to evolve in the glass and draw you back for another quaff…closest thing to magic in a bottle for a very long time. Hardy is a wine wizard! And don’t serve it too cold… it soars as it warms!

1 Like

F’ng enabler! [berserker.gif]

1 Like

Refill in the house!
07E1124C-2503-4062-A0DB-6A782DB84551.jpeg

5 Likes

May need to pop on of these this weekend.

Also, check the website for some surprise 2018s…

Thanks so much! Great to see you!

Confirming Brad’s note that there are 2 surprise 18’s that just went up on the site. We haven’t done a release on these yet as even with temp control shipping, since these are all zero added SO2 wines, we want to hold for cool temps to get them on the road.

2 Likes

Click on the image!

Popped another bottle of this last night and Brad’s take on it, and enthusiasm for it, are correct. It’s really a kaliedoscopic wine. There were times last night that it reminded me of a cloudy farmhouse sour ale, or a goze without the carbonation. It goes through a handful of transformations of the course of a few hours. Trippy stuff. For the adventurous.

3 Likes

So glad to still have a few of these, have had two bottles this month - the first had me thinking it was on the downhill, but the second is back to full-on kaleidoscopic vibrancy.

Btw, looks like there’s STILL some more available? The website is still showing it, AND the 2018 muscat, which is a kindred cousin to the new and instantly-sold-out Yeah! Muscat Like You Never. Maybe Hardy will weigh in on how these two differ, but my notes from months apart were eerily similar.

https://www.clothingoptionalwine.com/wine

Just finished my last of many bottles of this wine, and it has brought such joy over the past several years. The Dec 2020 note held remarkably true on this one. Magic in a bottle is right.

2 Likes