TN: 2014 Zoetic Pinot Noir Block 21 (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)

• 2014 Zoetic Pinot Noir Block 21 - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (12/6/2020)
    While I have a few laying down, I kinda like these wines younger. They have this zing that I love. So this was decanted for about an hour and a half, maybe 2. Its the second course to a glass of Rose that set the table nicely. Dark and opulent in the glass, medium swirl. Nose is black cherry cola, prunes, light nilla, touch of Christmas tree and baking spice. The front feels more full, hits strong with stewed black cherries, forward but not jammy. Prune and fig hit the middle plus cola, get’s tart (zing), as the acidity kicks in. Medium(+) acidity, mouth is watery. Very light on tannin, very fruit driven from front to back. Finishes with zing receding back to fruit and a slight tea component tail end which may be the tannins trying to integrate in to the fruit and giving it texture as it fades. This is my home base for these. I’ll age a few, see what happens. Food-wise, thick gumbos and stews are what I can see, things that with a touch of sweet that the zing here accentuates. A Berserker Day usual for me.

Posted from CellarTracker