anyone else having wine sent to work address by mistake?

Some guy who works near my office building - not even in my office building - called me today to say he’d found two boxes of wine sitting outside his office building door addressed to me and for whom did I work so he could redeliver the boxes? Fortunately, my phone number was on the shipping label. But I’m only expecting two boxes from two sources, each of whom was notified of the correct shipping address (indeed, my account info on the websites reflects my home address as shipping). Not sure yet who did this so not naming. But it’s a PITA as I don’t know how I am going to get this wine home! Grrr.

Need to go back and edit the available shipping addresses in your account profiles. Caught on recently that was set up to go to an office that I no longer work in

Yeah had that happen a couple of times. my problem is my work/billing address is not deliverable by FedEx/UPS, so I have to redirect it to another location and pick it up, which is a hassle. but a couple out of dozens of shipments isn’t a high frequency.

I have all my deliveries sent to my office. I have trained the mailroom staff to carry my boxes “like a baby” after seeing how they treat everyone else’s packages. He jokes that my juice boxes have arrived as he wheels them into my office.

I had one box end up in Sandy Springs, GA and I live in SoCal. I kept following up with the winery asking when the wine was going to be delivered before they finally got back to me and caught the mistake. Not sure who got my wine, hope they have a nice cellar to lay those down for 20+ years.

I have checked my account profiles with the two likely suspects - both show my home address as my shipping address.

These boxes of wine were left by UPS on the street! Fortunately for me, somebody who works at the location found my number and called and when I told him where I worked he said he would deliver to my mailroom. But I have a tiny car with a tiny trunk and getting them home from my office will be a huge PITA!

I sent a case of wine to a friend recently. Since I had placed the order, I got the FedEx text saying it was out for delivery. I texted him to keep an eye out for it and he peaked outside and found that it had already been left there on the sidewalk with no signature or visual confirmation of an adult taking delivery.

Those Ferrari trunks are a pain.

ha! You said it, brother! The only way I can fit the boxes in my car (maybe) is if I put the top down. And it’s cold out today.

Despite the fact that several Fed Ex drivers have left boxes of wine on my front porch without requesting a signature, today I came home from an errand to find a Fed Ex notice of missed delivery affixed to my front door. Signature required - and it was for clothing! I took down the notice and decided I’d just wait for redelivery tomorrow. Then about 30 minutes ago my doorbell rang and a young woman wearing a Fed Ex uniform and holding a box for me said she was back in the neighborhood, glanced at my door (not that easy, my house is up two flights of stairs on a little hill) and saw the notice had been removed. So she decided to try again and handed over the box.

Compare that to the UPS delivery guy dumping two boxes clearly marked as wine on the street downtown!

Had this happen a few times, but thankfully pre-covid. Used to have wine delivered exclusively to my office thanks to a receptionist always being there and rarely being at home during the day. That changed as I started working from home more often and while I could keep deliveries at my office for as long as I wanted, two issues made this more pressing - shippers started leaving the cases at reception and wouldn’t take them to my office and our receptionist couldn’t carry the cases herself. So, unless it was a 6pack, the deliveries stayed at reception until I came in which I wasn’t crazy about for professional optics and “security” concerns.
It was always a PITA carrying 1 case at a time down the elevators (I was always in a suit) and to the parking lot.

I had one courier deliver to an old office address at least 7 months after we had moved (was the importers fault for giving the old address to the shipper), thankfully when they couldn’t find us, he called me direct and came to me immediately.
MY experience with shipping issues (dates, locations, etc) and sometimes using old CC info, even when it was updated is 95 out of 100 times, it’s the importer/ sellers fault, not the shipper. They tend to do what they’re asked to.

Unless your office is a really long way from your home, I’d just go & get it asap and look for your pound of flesh/ find out how it happened at a later date.

well, I can’t just go pick it up - my office is closed. I have to coordinate with our mail room and they only respond (if at all) to email, not phone. So far no response. If my mailroom has it, I’m not worried about the safety of the wine - issue is getting it into and out of my car as a bad disc in my neck keeps me from lifting cases of wine - and, as Robert mentioned, the Ferrari trunk is tiny!

You need a winter rig (and able bodied helper).
Good luck.

Suggested solution, go to your local liquor/wine shop and see if they have any empty boxes. Preferably from 3-6 packs. Unload the wine from the bulkier shipping boxes and load into the smaller wholesale size boxes. Tip the mail room staff to break down and recycle the shippers. Should be easier to transport, both in size and weight. Alternatively, just put the loose bottles in your car without the shippers. If you have grocery sacks use those to carry a few up at a time.

I am also dealing with this issue a bit. Not sure why a few have gone to office when supposed to be home. But, a porch pirate has hit me twice in the last few weeks (non-wine) so now I’m glad they are coming to the office where they can be locked in my personal office until I retrieve.

yes that happened to me early in the pandemic during spring offers, managed to stamp them all out but one that shipped to office again in the fall. Those were the only two days I’ve gone to the office!

Mollen is retired now and has nothing to do.

Just sayin’…

Just got a response from my mailroom - I have to wait until phase 2 or 3 to get these boxes! What a PITA!

They could just put them back out on the sidewalk…

I ordered a case to be delivered to my building this week. The store said it had been delivered, but I hadn’t seen it and our very conscientious doormen had no record of a delivery for me in their log.

It turned out it had ended up with my neighbor across the hall. Neither my name nor apartment number was on the box. If I had to guess, the delivery person mumbled through a mask and was misunderstood (happens to me all the time).

At my neighbor’s, the husband thought his wife had ordered it, and she assumed he had. After a day or so they realized it wasn’t there and called the store, whose name was on the box, and the store called me.

The best part was each spouse assuming the other had ordered it!

I had a 3 & 1/2 case shipment mailed to my closed office. Noticed the error while in transit and notified the winery, which notified FedEx to reroute. So one case gets correctly rerouted, they continue to attempt deliveries on the others, with one box at a time getting delivered to the correct address over the course of a week.