TN: 2010 Domaine Tortochot Gevrey-Chambertin Les Jeunes Rois

I am too young and new to this wine game to have those stories of buying a bottle of Lafite for a penny but for this particular bottle I did pay 19.90€ (not discounted) in 2013 which is certainly low for a Gevrey by today’s standards. Considering that I find this a perfectly decent drop and nice midweek drink at the table. Anything higher than that might have made it a slight disappointment, though.

• 2010 Domaine Tortochot Gevrey-Chambertin Les Jeunes Rois - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (2.12.2020)
    Popped and poured, served slightly chilled. The nose offers dusty cherry fruit that lacks vibrancy and has an acetone-y edge. I suppose one could find other notes by being imaginative but it does not inspire me to do so and so I won’t. On the palate it offers good volume and expands towards the finish. Nice richness indeed with lively acidity and moderate tannic grip. Dry, savory and pretty seamless all the way, this is totally pleasant and actually pretty drinkable. There is a pre-2015 Beaujolais-like tartness to the fruit which I kind of like as I find it pairs well with the textural richness. Finishes clean and bright, ending things on a positive note. A very ordinary bottle of Gevrey that does not disappoint at the 19.90€ price point I picked it up at.

Posted from CellarTracker