TN: 2012 Nathalie Falmet Champagne Tentation Rosée (France, Champagne)

• 2012 Nathalie Falmet Champagne Tentation Rosée - France, Champagne (12/1/2020)
    LOVE these fleshy, deep red, saignee method champers…50% Pinot Noir/Meunier from 2012 fruit…fresh and zesty red berry fruits of cherry, cranberry, pomegranate…initial explosion of pop rocks bubbles, than a calming creme coats the palate…leaving way to a unique dryness ala tannins…with tart citrus…blood orange and cherry skin…little pinot earth funk…crushed minerality…pretty potpourri florals. Totally crushable wine here…rich, in full party mode, yet precise. I want bunches in the cellar! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Have really loved the “basic” Brut nature from falmet for some time. Good to see some love for her other wines here. One more bottle of an older disgorgement here… last one was a beauty

Have to admit I don’t care for her wines. My wife likes them even less than I do.

If I may ask…why?

We have tried three wines, and found them all to be rather dull/characterless. Not a ton of insight I know, but it’s how all three wines struck both of us.

• 2012 Nathalie Falmet Champagne Tentation Rosée - France, Champagne (5/13/2022)
    New disgorgement(5/2020) in a non frosted bottle…the frosted bottle was cool! Still 2012, 50/50 PN/PM…4.5 g/l dos. VERY dry and vinous…wonderful red licorice and dried cherries, raspberries, strawberries…not as explosive as the 2018 DG was…tamer, more of a quite bubble party…plenty pomegranate tartness, and blood orange acidity…refreshing…some earth funk, crushed minerality…pretty potpourri florals yet some wild brush in there as well. I dig this wine…kind of unique, and totally fun…although this bottling is getting closer to still wine…I think I prefer the older DG with more bubble action. Love these none the less! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Frankly, 94 points from Buzz is a pretty low score, too. champagne.gif

1 Like

Exactly. William Kelley would probably give it an 83