Best Glass For Loire Cab Franc?

Subject line says it all. What are you Cab Franc drinkers using? (Edit: glass style, not necessarily a particular brand.)

(I tried a search but came up empty. Which could just be my terrible search skills.)

I use mostly use Bordeaux glasses…but sometimes use Burg glasses if the wine is very aromatic. I like big bowl glasses (Zalto’s are the prefered stemware for me)

Wow, this would be remarkably specific! Since I use GabrielGlas Gold for everything, I’m of no help, but I’m following this thread to see what people have to say. I presume Alfert uses his frequently-broken Grassl Bordeaux glasses?

I usually go for a Zalto Universal with red Loire, but occasionally reach for a Ridel Somm Bordeaux if the wine is likely to be a bigger/fuller style.

I also usually use Zalto bdx, but occasionally I will reach for Riedel Vinum Syrah. Can’t think of any rhyme or reason as to when I pick one and when I pick the other.

Both seem to work pretty well.

I just did a tasting of 2 Loire Cab Francs and used Riedel Somm Bordeaux simply because they were already out. They proved to be the wrong glass. I should have used either the grassl 1855 or the zalto Bordeaux. The riedel was way to big.

+1 on Zalto Universal.

The answer should be the same as whatever glass you use for Bordeaux, right?

The same glass I use for damn-near every non-Pinot red: the Riedel Ouverture red wine glass. I’ve wanted to like other glasses more, but I always come back to this one. I’d love to find a hand-blown glass of similar shape.

I am also curious to hear what others say. I have used either Riedel Syrah, or the Grassl Cru. For some reason I think of the larger glasses as being too big, as some suggest. But next time I might try some of my Bdx glasses in a side by side comparison.

+2

I will try the Grassl Cru and Liberte and see what I think works better.

I haven’t done much with this either but Grassl 1855 and Versatile should be in the mix.

I’m hoping I’ll be able to snag some 1855’s on Berserker day.

Whatever your standard Bordeaux style red wine glass is is the answer. The specific brands are mostly about what your last great experience was with a new glass. Don’t think you need any certain brand to enjoy any certain wine. Stressing about having the right vessel is mostly a distraction.