Shipping rates 2 Bottles from California to Colorado?

Hello

I would like to ship two bottles of wine to a friend in Colorado.

I already have a box from wine.com that hold two bottles so I am good there.

Just wondering what shipper I should use. UPS, FedEx or the US Post Office?

Anyone know who has the best rates?

You can sign up for accounts with all 3 and check rates before you ship.

Thanks, I first checked US Post office, then UPS. UPS was slightly cheaper, so I created an account and purchased shipping and printed a label.

FedEx is always cheaper for me. I also created a business account even though my actual business doesn’t do any shipping and contacted their business department and they got me discounted rates, up to 40% off published rates using my account.

Alcohol is prohibited by the USPS.

Definitely don’t ship in the wine.com box. Every one I’ve received from them has wine marked all over it. I did recently use one but wrapped it fully in paper bags.

Whoa… wait… FedEx and UPS will ship wine residence-to-residence? Since when?

Since you don’t say anything about it.

Don’t worry about which is cheaper, worry which is less likely to break it since you can’t insure it.

Or confiscate it.

I would NEVER use a wine.com box.
The box is printed with their name and logo and is obviously wine.
it is illegal to ship wine without a license. Ship olive oil.

I agree. The packaging is most important because you can’t insure it. I use UPS. I reuse shippers but make sure previous labels and stickers are obliterated. If they ask what it is, I say glassware. Theoretically the shipment could be confiscated, but loss or damage is far more likely though I’ve never had a problem.

When I received my Fall shipments, most had the “This shipment contains alcohol” sticker. But some did not. Some came in plain boxes with no declaration. And some of those boxes
were pretty beat up, but no bottles were broken.

Around here a lot of “olive oil” is shipped that way.