Berserkerday Wine TN: 2019 DV8 Cellars Viognier Victory Camp 4 Vineyard

• 2019 DV8 Cellars Viognier Victory Camp 4 Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (11/27/2020)
    This is an excellent Berserkerday wine. Spicy, fruits from the tropics and citrus, clean and sharp, no wood, no creamyness. I like a good chardonnay, but this is an outstanding ABC wine - anything but chardonnay. Rebecca agrees 100%. Viognier from the Southern Rhone often has an oily component that is a negative and, although I like it, I find California Viognier to be cleaner, more precise, and a superior expression of the grape.

I have now had two vintages of this wine, both bought on Berserkerday, and this one was even better than the last one. I recommend it very highly, especially for people who like clean sharp wine that shows some acidity but will not etch your teeth. This is available on Berserkerday with their Roussane (also good) in a six pack for $16 a bottle, which is a great QPR. If it is a white wine and my son Jacob likes it, that is a very strong recommendation! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker