ANNOUNCEMENT: SOFTWARE UPDATE (DOWNTIME) DEC 5, 2020

As discussed in prior threads, we’re updating the forum software, and I chose a time that was relatively dead on the forum - Saturday early morning, December 5 (post-Black Friday/Cyber Monday, pre-BerserkerDay) at 9 am Eastern, 6 am Pacific

Should only be down a couple of hours, and hopefully no hiccups

4 Likes

Software upgrade has been completed

I’ll be going through the bugs as I find them

4 Likes

new thread rating system. this will be fun!

1 Like

Is there a way to turnoff seeing avatars on mobile similar to the old view?

1 Like

We have a separate thread on mobile view, working on that, definitely removing avatars.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what mobile USED to look like? I didn’t take one, as in the test forum it was fine, but all the customizations are problematic in transferring over. ANY mobile screenshot of a post and how it looked would be super helpful. Post here or email me todd at wineberserkers.com

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! (Alas no screenshot)

This is a fairly recent one:
8E31A63C-CBA3-4375-A1F4-90AC3AEAC8C0.jpg

Just a little thing but I’m seeing the “ad blocker detected” banner. I Logged off and back on, closed the whole tab and got back in, still seeing the banner.

I’ve disabled it for all, but need to figure out how I had it on before for non-GCC members…

Also, many have complained in the past about the hyperlinks opening in the same tab…they don’t anymore!

2 Likes

Very excited that links open in a new browser.

1 Like

Options hamburger doesn’t work in mobile view.

Clock on it and the dots turn blue but no options display.
Capture+_2020-12-06-11-05-41.png

Weird. Working now…

I use the WB on my IPhone. I used to be able to jump to the last post in a thread but no longer . I see the first poster on the left , and the last poster on the right (I used to only to see the last poster ). How do I jump to the last post ?

Bump

I’m not familiar with this situation. When you click the red square on the left side, it takes you to the last post, just like before. No changes there. If you aren’t logged in, you won’t see the red square (which is actually an image of a piece of paper with the corner bent over)

Todd, thanks. Somehow it resolved itself. Now the most recent poster shows under the thread. I click on their name and it takes me to their post.

For a few days the original poster was showing under the title, with the most recent poster shown to the right (and not visible on my phone unless I scrolled . And clicking on their name took me to their profile. I did not know click on that red dot took me to the most recent post.

Todd,
Here is an odd one - Can only add pictures on one device type. I can now only add pictures inline on my android phone. Can upload pictures but not place inline on my Surface and Windows 10 PC.

Try clearing your cache, and also send a screenshot, either here or to my email, thanks!

Cleared my cache (again) on the PC and no luck. Attaching screenshot sent from my Android phone.
WB ATTACH.JPG

Can you scroll horizontally? Normally there are some extra smilies and such next to the posting window.