TN: 2008 Guy Larmandier Champagne Signé François Vieilles Vignes Blanc de Blancs

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

TN: 2008 Guy Larmandier Champagne Signé François Vieilles Vignes Blanc de Blancs

#1 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

Focused, excellent acidity, lemon zest and super pure fruit, long finish. One of the better growers recently.

Kirk.Grant
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2008 Guy Larmandier Champagne Signé François Vieilles Vignes Blanc de Blancs

#2 Post by Kirk.Grant »

Nice to see notes on some quality BdB showing up. Thanks!
Cellartracker:Kirk Grant

D Lieberman
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: TN: 2008 Guy Larmandier Champagne Signé François Vieilles Vignes Blanc de Blancs

#3 Post by D Lieberman »

I concur wholeheartedly. I too drank one of these last night to compliment dinner of bacon fried rice. Bought several single bottles of this over the course of a couple of months just to confirm my initial impression of its excellence before taking the plunge on a case. Love where it is now. Light on its feet, but still possessing great depth of flavor. Drinking way above its class. It looks like they are now pushing out the 2012, which I have not tried yet.
David Lieberman
Wine, Art, Family...

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Cris Whetstone »

Easily one of the best no dose Champagnes I've had.
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Return to “Wine Talk”