TN: Bouchard and Faiveley

2014 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières Domaine - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (11/21/2020)
Diam10. Pop and pour taste and then decanted. This is a lovely goldenrod color. Hint of nuttiness on the nose with ripe stone fruits and wet river rock. Palate has a piercing acidity balanced by ripe white peach and pear. Finish is long and strong. This is built for aging and excited to have the rest of the case to enjoy over the next 10+ years. (94 pts.)

2011 Faiveley Mazis-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Mazis-Chambertin Grand Cru (11/21/2020)
Decanted for 2 hours. Minimal sediment. Savory and earthy nose with a hint of stewed red fruit. More earth and herb on the palate with a touch of green. I think this will integrate better with more time. (92 pts.)

I don’t particularly love '11 red Burgs, but Faiveley made excellent '11’s. I love '14 whites and everyone made good '14 whites.

Thanks for the notes Andrew.

Damn you…I wanted those MG’s from Bonner! [head-bang.gif]

nice notes [cheers.gif]

that 14 white sounds great.

I left 3 cases for you! It’s those other scoundrels that took your wine. neener

I don’t think I’ve ever read a really stellar review of a Mazis. My own experience of Maume (now under new ownership, I read) revealed wine that could with charity be called earthy, and without it, dirty. My high-roller friends who are nice enough to invite me to dinner never serve the wine. Can someone suggest a bottling that would reveal the essential grand cru status of this wine?

Thanks.

Rousseau

Dugat-Py

Recent vintages of Faiveley Mazis have been stellar.

Older vintages of Faiveley have been stellar. Try the '85.

Anybody had the Bouchard Genevrieres 17?