The Third Twin Offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 497
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

The Third Twin Offer

#1 Post by Eric White » November 19th, 2020, 12:09 pm

ouch!
2017 TTT Cuvee Box Set (5) 750 ml @1250 per box
2016 and 2017 TTT Graciano Box Set (2) 2016 750ml & (2) 2017 750ml @ $1000 per box
Last edited by Eric White on November 19th, 2020, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FMansfield
Posts: 32
Joined: October 15th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#2 Post by FMansfield » November 19th, 2020, 12:11 pm

Got the same. Curious what the experts think. Why did the email discuss the 2017?
F r e d e r i c k

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 497
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#3 Post by Eric White » November 19th, 2020, 12:17 pm

FMansfield wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 12:11 pm
Got the same. Curious what the experts think. Why did the email discuss the 2017?
looks like it was a typo on the offer, it's been corrected on the order form, so I've edited my original post to reflect that as well

roybehr
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 52
Joined: July 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#4 Post by roybehr » November 19th, 2020, 12:20 pm

When I called to ask what was in the Graciano box set, they told me there was 1 bottle of each. Possible I misheard, but my email doesn't specify the amounts.

FMansfield
Posts: 32
Joined: October 15th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#5 Post by FMansfield » November 19th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Wish I took a screen shot as when I ordered it stated 2016. Once I completed the order it stated 2017. It’s my first offer for TTT so I bit the bullet, along with the $110 S/H!!
F r e d e r i c k

Sjmotta
Posts: 82
Joined: July 13th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#6 Post by Sjmotta » November 19th, 2020, 12:45 pm

FMansfield wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Wish I took a screen shot as when I ordered it stated 2016. Once I completed the order it stated 2017. It’s my first offer for TTT so I bit the bullet, along with the $110 S/H!!
OWC is a work of art though.
S t e p h e n

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 497
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#7 Post by Eric White » November 19th, 2020, 1:29 pm

in for my full allocation - $205 in shipping for three sets :-O (but yes, the boxes are very cool)

Chris Echeck
Posts: 82
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#8 Post by Chris Echeck » November 19th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Thanks
Last edited by Chris Echeck on November 21st, 2020, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sjmotta
Posts: 82
Joined: July 13th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#9 Post by Sjmotta » November 19th, 2020, 3:56 pm

roybehr wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 12:20 pm
When I called to ask what was in the Graciano box set, they told me there was 1 bottle of each. Possible I misheard, but my email doesn't specify the amounts.
Manfred's letter says that the Graciano is packaged as two vintages of 2 bottles each.
S t e p h e n

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#10 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » November 19th, 2020, 4:01 pm

SQN emails says: "This dominantly Mourvedre based wine is packed in a beautiful wooden box that houses 5 bottles."

WA review says: "...but this time the core of the blend is Grenache as opposed to Mourvèdre...Composed of 42% Grenache, 17% Mourvèdre, 15% Petite Sirah, 12% Graciano, 11.5% Syrah and 2.5% Viognier..."

Someone is confused.

How many bottles are in the '16/'17 Graciano boxed set? Did they offer the '16 before?
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

P Sepsas
Posts: 23
Joined: September 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#11 Post by P Sepsas » November 20th, 2020, 1:55 am

The Cuvee TTT is the Mourvedre based blend that got released for the first time last year.

The other one (the Graciano) is a case of four bottles; two of each vintages, the 2016 and 2017. Given that the production is extremely tiny on the Graciano (LPB indicates that the production of the 2016 Graciano vintage was ~800 bottles) they release it every two years with two vintages packed together.

I hope this input will clarify the offering. [cheers.gif]
Panos Sepsas

markjchambers
Posts: 287
Joined: April 19th, 2019, 6:55 am

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#12 Post by markjchambers » November 20th, 2020, 5:50 am

The first Third Twin offer was two 14 and two 15 Graciano in a box set so it would be consistent for them to do the same with 16 and 17.

User avatar
Gray G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 687
Joined: August 20th, 2009, 10:25 am

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#13 Post by Gray G » November 20th, 2020, 6:31 am

all in, thank you
my friends call me Gary, so much time, so little wine, Albanista, K Vinters rocks! MCK, Cattle King, love Gri3v3 Family wines Double Eagle baby! flavors please, non-religious freedom :) egalitarian, non-socialist, non-ITB, paid subscriber of online chat, Going Beserk everyday! "life's not black and white but black and grey"- Graham Greene

P Sepsas
Posts: 23
Joined: September 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#14 Post by P Sepsas » November 20th, 2020, 3:29 pm

P Sepsas wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 1:55 am
The Cuvee TTT is the Mourvedre based blend that got released for the first time last year.

The other one (the Graciano) is a case of four bottles; two of each vintages, the 2016 and 2017. Given that the production is extremely tiny on the Graciano (LPB indicates that the production of the 2016 Graciano vintage was ~800 bottles) they release it every two years with two vintages packed together.

I hope this input will clarify the offering. [cheers.gif]
Got it wrong :)

The Cuvee TTT, 2017 Nuestra Señora del Tercer Gemelo is dominantly Grenache based, not Mourvèdre based as the previous vintage.

More specifically 42% Grenache, 17% Mourvedre, 15% Petite Sirah, 12% Graciano, 11.5% Syrah and 2.5% Viognier

The 2016 and 2017 TTT Box Set is indeed a mixed vintage box of Graciano containing 2 bottles of 2016 and 2 bottles of 2017.
Panos Sepsas

Sjmotta
Posts: 82
Joined: July 13th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#15 Post by Sjmotta » November 20th, 2020, 5:10 pm

Email from The Third Twin this afternoon:

We sent out an offering for The Third Twin wines yesterday and would like to provide some clarification of the wines being offered. These wines are all new and have not previously been sold or released. The 2017 Nuestra Señora del Tercer Gemelo is dominantly Grenache based, not Mourvèdre based as the previous vintage. Additionally, the 2016 and 2017 TTT Box Set is a mixed vintage box of Graciano containing 2 bottles of 2016 and 2 bottles of 2017.
S t e p h e n

markjchambers
Posts: 287
Joined: April 19th, 2019, 6:55 am

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#16 Post by markjchambers » November 22nd, 2020, 10:07 am

I don't think I can maintain SQN, NOK and TT. That's well over $10K per year. Thought I was going to drop NOK, but I did order.

The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I'll have to pass on the cuvee set.
Last edited by markjchambers on November 22nd, 2020, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 497
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#17 Post by Eric White » November 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 10:07 am
The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I'll have to pas on the cuvee set.
You can't buy the Graciano set without buying at least one cuvee set

markjchambers
Posts: 287
Joined: April 19th, 2019, 6:55 am

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#18 Post by markjchambers » November 22nd, 2020, 3:01 pm

Eric White wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am
markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 10:07 am
The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I'll have to pas on the cuvee set.
You can't buy the Graciano set without buying at least one cuvee set
I thought there were two boxes offered, one Graciano and one Nuestra Señora. Looks like I could just order the Graciano.

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 497
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#19 Post by Eric White » November 22nd, 2020, 3:23 pm

markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 3:01 pm
I thought there were two boxes offered, one Graciano and one Nuestra Señora. Looks like I could just order the Graciano.
The system won't let you add just the Graciano without the Nuestra - I tried (accidentally, actually)

User avatar
michael_holmstrom
Posts: 37
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#20 Post by michael_holmstrom » November 22nd, 2020, 3:49 pm

Passing. PM me if interested.

markjchambers
Posts: 287
Joined: April 19th, 2019, 6:55 am

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#21 Post by markjchambers » November 25th, 2020, 8:55 am

Eric White wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 3:23 pm
markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 3:01 pm
I thought there were two boxes offered, one Graciano and one Nuestra Señora. Looks like I could just order the Graciano.
The system won't let you add just the Graciano without the Nuestra - I tried (accidentally, actually)
I'll guess I'll be passing also. Love the Graciano, but the budget won't allow it.

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1544
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#22 Post by David Baum » December 2nd, 2020, 12:22 pm

Got the annual phone call to see if Im ordering. I kinda like that they do that. I always wait until just before release closes. Most painful purchase of the year. In for full allocation

User avatar
Andrew Dodd
Posts: 212
Joined: January 5th, 2013, 2:53 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#23 Post by Andrew Dodd » December 3rd, 2020, 12:04 pm

markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 10:07 am
I don't think I can maintain SQN, NOK and TT. That's well over $10K per year. Thought I was going to drop NOK, but I did order.

The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I'll have to pass on the cuvee set.
Plus Chimere

User avatar
A Dotson
Posts: 213
Joined: November 9th, 2020, 11:44 am
Location: Chico, CA...land of culture and intellectualism.

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#24 Post by A Dotson » December 3rd, 2020, 12:30 pm

michael_holmstrom wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 3:49 pm
Passing. PM me if interested.
Not in my budget, but wanted to give you props for offering it to others.
(It's me, Anton! I'm Beta testing, 'cause I'm a master Beta!)

That which does not kill us, makes us older.

Sjmotta
Posts: 82
Joined: July 13th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Re: The Third Twin Offer

#25 Post by Sjmotta » December 3rd, 2020, 3:48 pm

Andrew Dodd wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 12:04 pm
markjchambers wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 10:07 am
I don't think I can maintain SQN, NOK and TT. That's well over $10K per year. Thought I was going to drop NOK, but I did order.

The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I'll have to pass on the cuvee set.
Plus Chimere
Plus offspring... Fingers Crossed and Andremily
S t e p h e n

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”