TN: 2017 Vincent Dancer Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Tête du Clos

• 2017 Vincent Dancer Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Tête du Clos - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (11/18/2020)
    Absolutely stellar. The nose is floral with lots of mineral type notes. The kind of mineral notes in ocean air. Refreshing. Such an incredible volume aromatically. A surprise that it is this open. The palate is very precise. Mineral. Pure. Roulot-like in a way. With white fruit types of notes and an incredible long precise finish. This wine is well above expectations and an absolute joy to drink.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note Don. I picked up a half case of these and have to say my experience aligns exactly with yours. Roulot with even more precision. I am a big fan since buying the 2014s.

UGH! I was a big fan of Vincent Dancer’s Meursault Les Corbins in the 2011 vintage, then was swayed away from his wines because his style changed shortly thereafter…now apparently I might need to go back and try some more, as I definitely trust Don’s palate on White Burg.

I am quite surprised - I have always found the Dancer wines to have more body, ie be richer than Roulot.

I don’t have alot of experience with Vincent Dancer. This might be a combination of site, year and a change in direction in winemaking? The wine is stunning.

Thank you. Yes, I also like the wines (no 2017s tasted yet, though), and indeed, there could be many factors at play. Always good to have a different perspective, and what counts is what’s in the glass.

I’d say since 2014, I’ve found the opposite; I think Dancer has bene making some very precise wines that are leaner than Roulot. I’ve not loved Dancer’s 18s, but then 18 is not my favorite vintage. As Don wrote, his 17s are tremendous.