TN: 2018 PYCM

Opened a couple of recent arrivals for early tastes.

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (11/16/2020)
Reductive sulfur note at first. Blows off to reveal lovely floral notes and stone fruit. Palate has good weight for its level. More floral notes and peach pit, lemon, long finish. Quite lovely AOC. (89 pts.)

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Hommage à Marguerite - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (11/16/2020)
Reductive on opening. Bursting with flavors of orchard fruits, floral notes, and lime zest on a piercing, acidic backbone. Long finish that coats the whole mouth. (92 pts.)

that second wine sounds super. Thanks.

These notes sound delicious. I am a fan of PYCMs 2017; I shall look for some 2018s now.

Thanks, the 2nd review prompted me to grab 3. Curious your thoughts on how long it should be aged?

Thanks for the notes. I have some of the latter on the way so this is helpful.

Thanks.

When you get the reductive notes, do you decant?

Andrew, nice notes. Agree on the Bourgogne Blanc - that’s a nice little wine. Drank through my stash in a couple months- wish I’d held on to a few!

Thanks for the notes. Did you get a sense of the phenolics? In my experience PYCM needs a few years for the phenolics to calm down.

Not too oaky but both wines would definitely benefit from time to settle out and integrate. I don’t plan to drink either very soon.

Well done Andrew.

I really like Pierre-Yves’ 2018’s. Every bit as good as his '17’s.

Jeremy - “I really like Pierre-Yves’ 2018’s. Every bit as good as his '17’s.”

Thanks for this - I have my allocation of 2018 PYCM wines coming sometime soon.

can that delivery tractor trailer negotiate your streets? Does the cellar have room?