TN: 2009 Hospices de Nuits Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Didiers Cuvée Fagon Faiveley

• 2009 Hospices de Nuits Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Didiers Cuvée Fagon Faiveley - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (11/14/2020)
    Decanted and the nose exploded – Earthy, vegetal, and herbaceous out of the gate followed by light notes of cherries after the initial waft. One hour in, very light on the palate with soft tannins and rich cherries singing that layer into an extremely long and enjoyable finish. The complexity of the wine is drawn out when paired with spicy meats – lush soft strawberries and plums linger lovingly in a finish that stretches for conservatively well over a minute. Soft, lightly sweet, and delicious more than overpowering this wine grows in stature at hour two. A real gem with many more years of life in the bottle (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

you have the wrong vintage in your title, the note makes more sense for a 2002

The picture is the default from CellarTracker. The note is what it is.

Below is the current bottle with Karl.
20201114_152653.jpg

I think Karl would prefer a Beaune.

LOL

Was this a HAG wine?

HAG wine? Not familiar with the terminology.

If you are referring to the importer, then no. This was purchased as part of a consortium with Manhattan Wine Storage.

Great note and kudos to JH for a witty riposte. Made me laugh and woke up my wife. She didnt think it was that funny.