TN: 2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard

• 2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (11/14/2020)
    Decanted 6 hrs. To no surprise, this was a terrific (and very youthful) effort from MG and the Durant vineyard. Red fruit themed but leaning towards the dark side, impresses instantly with snappy raspberry and blood oranges that crackles with wonderful supporting acidity. Fans out both evenly and with grace in the mouth, imparting both spices and roses flavors, hits late with a drizzle of soil. At $34 buy with confidence, this is going to age effortlessly. As an aside, I paired this with a recipe from my favorite cookbook of all time, the Wildwood ‘ Cooking from the Source in the PNW’ by Cory Schreiber – Pinot Noir Glazed Squab ( I used game hens) with roasted autumn vegetables and wild rice. Terrific match. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note, Dale,

Thanks, I look forward to opening one of mine down the road, as I usually won’t open a wine if it needs that much time in a decanter, with the exception of Barolo. My one qualm is that you subbed out the squab–love squab, so I will have to find that recipe and make it.