TN: 2014 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

• 2014 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (11/13/2020)
    Wow what richness in this…almost oily in texture, and sweeter than I expected for a 14 MP. Wonderful ripe white peach, green apple, apricot fruits…pure and fresh with snap…yet with PLENTY of fresh squeeze lemon/lime, crushed rocks CUT! The acidity and minerality really adds super lift and nerve to the ripeness…then you add in tasty complexity of chalky limestone, well integrated toasted marshmallow oak spice, match strike…super rock salt salinity…lime blossom and lees florals. Day two showed less sweetness and even more minerality, citrus, and dryness. Day one maybe 92pts…day two a solid 94! This is a great Meursault…with all the stuffing to go deep imo. +pts (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Lovely note. Sad not to have this vintage but am attempting to backfill. Looking forward to enjoying my 3L of 2017 sometime in the next 30 years.

Do Diam make corks for magnum, double magnum etc?

you didn’t wait long to open those after getting them!

Well…we had a shipping issue as it took 11 days to get to me in Ca. So…within an hour after arrival, I had to crack one for inspection! All good! [cheers.gif]

Another bottle…confirms the first! Although this one won’t make it to day two! At this rate…case will be gone by Summer! [drinkers.gif]

Thanks for the note - a yearly buy for me. I haven’t opened the 2014s but always is a solid MP that represents good value. It’s a board darling amongst a certain group here for good reason. It sounds like the wine has a long way to go.

These used to be less than $100 a year or two ago if I recall

Geez. Andrew. 3L. That is a party bottle. A great wine to have for that. Wishing you all the best.

only a Buzz 94 score. We should all be worried.

Hopefully, the tariffs will go away in a couple of months and the prices will be there again. I got the 2014, 2016 and 2017 for $80 each.

The score is climbing! MAN…if Bouchard is on the label…you ain’t safe in my cellar! Between the Domaine’s and the Cedric’s…I’ve downed a case so far in the last couple months! Of which i’d be most happy with doing the rest of my life!!! SO SO good! Is there Bouchard water? [drinkers.gif]

1 Like

Drinking well lately, Buzz.

Yes they do, but not everyone who uses diam for bottles uses them for magnums…

I recently opened another 2015 BP&F - the straight Meursault and it was a super wine, like yours just a bit better on day 2…