A Ramonet Rampage

Lunch with great mates on Saturday turned in to a bit of a Ramonet Rampage, as we worked through a few even years.

2016 Jean-Claude Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Boudriotte: A dense and tight wine, packed with sappy orchard fruits. It has flesh and good underlying minerality. It is very long with some Ramonet spearmint flavour on the back-end.

2014 Jean-Claude Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers: The colour is deepening a little but the wine was indeed very fresh. It has excellent stony minerality and crisp citrus fruit flavours. It is fine and detailed with excellent persistence.

2012 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Boudriotte: This was super-fresh, with a pale and bright appearance. The nose had some mint, honeysuckle, white peach and lemon. It was unctuous in the mouth, with good depth of flavour and a bright, minerally finish. Great balance and proportion.

2010 Domaine Ramonet Puligny-Montrachet Les Enseignères: Still very youthful but drinking wonderfully well. The nose offers the most pure white peach fruit along with flinty mineral notes. It is direct with great depth and has layers of flavour. There’s a touch of aniseed spice and it possesses excellent cut and terrific length.

Tough day…feel for you.

Ramonet’s been killing it lately. Glad you were able to kill a few bottles yourself.

14 ramonet is quite the tasty treat

Any bottles of the Ramonet still rampant after the rampage? Big fan of the Les Enseigneres; I like PYCM’s version (different spelling, if I recall). I find it to be one of the more outstanding lieux-dit.

Ancegnieres. Price has jumped but still can be found at about $100 and worth it.

We had the 2011 Chevalier Montrachet yesterday . It was closed , even after a decant . Bizar . That wine needs another decade in the cellar .