TNs: Shafer, Jadot, Bichot, and Jordan

Smattering of wines over the past two weeks, as I have just been crushed with work, that we pulled due to stained labels, torn labels, etc…not sellable to trade.
2014 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon 1.5…great balance, melange of dark and red fruits, still has lots of tannins, so should drink well for 10 more years and hit peak in 2025.

2015 Louis Jadot Vosne Romanee Les Suchots…started out a bit plummy, but structure started to show at about 2 hours. Delicious wine, if it didn’t really scream Suchots to me.

2016 Albert Bichot Long Depaquit Chablis 1er Vaillons…tastes like Chardonnay but vintage trumps region. Not enough acidity to balance out fruit. Still good, just not Chablis.

2015 Jadot Chassagne Montrachet Les Baudines…totally surprising, bright, tightly wound, high acid, beautiful bright yellow fruits, a touch of oak toast. Delicious.

2015 Albert Bichot Beaune Clos de L’Ermitage…tightly wound, bright red fruited, with loads of tannin, very Pinot Noir, very Beaune with all the underlying minerality.

2009 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon…just screams Sonoma Cabernet, red fruits, nice structure, with great balance. No pieces out of place. Jordan always seems to succeed in cooler years.

2015 Jadot Volnay Clos des Chenes…this was wide open and ready to go when cork came out, high toned red fruits, velvety feel, underlying tannins and some some oak spice, with some time the fruits darken a touch ala Jadot. Really speaks to Volnay.
2012 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon…mirrors the 2009, touch more dark fruit and acid, but well balanced Sonoma Cab at it’s best.

Continued the run thru torn labels with a 2015 Jadot Vosne Romanee that was very open and ready, but you can feel the Jadot structure just under the fruit. Black and red fruits with moderate + tannin structure and nice beam if acidity to keep it fresh. Have a couple other singles to go thru still.

You could, you know, sell the torn labels to clients at 20-30% discount.

We can’t. Or I would. Trust me.

Couple more…

2016 Ramey Russian River Chardonnay has quite a bit if vanilla and coconut on opening…as it takes air it settles down and shows yellow and green fruits, moderate acidity l with good acidity and structure, and very approachable.

2017 Bichot Fixin 1er Cru Clos de la Perriere, Monopole loaded with red fruits, bright acidity, medium body, with good structure. First time having this, might be worth tariff, excellent for Fixin.