Jadot Chardonnay

Jadot Chardonnay’s (front line)

2019 Macon-Villages
This is a is a sweet-fruit driven, juicy wine with a distinct tang as the acid plays against the ripe fruit. It’s balanced and very pure; an easy drinking, joyful kind of Chardonnay. $13

2019 Bourgogne
Much leaner and more about the interplay of fruit and earth. Less tangy than the Macon because the fruit and acid are more harmonious. Svelte but with good volume and tension, this is the ‘adult’ version of the Macon. $16

2018 Chablis
Another animal entire; complex, precise and unmistakably of its place. It requires one’s attention and, when it gets it, delivers nuance and energy unlike either of the other two bottlings. There’s also a light saline tone in the long, detailed finish. A sublime wine that should develop with age. $23

All three recommended.
Best, jim

Hi Jim,

Is Jadot still drink ASAP due to pox?

No. Jadot is now under DIAM and there have been few if any reports of premox in recent vintages.

I don’t drink much white wine but i do like to keep a few Jadot Macon’s around, they’re tasty and priced right. Next trip to store i’m gonna get a Bourgogne since i like to think i’m an adult.

Their Pouilly Fuisse has always been a mainstay in the low to mid 20’s.

We sell Jadot, but concur with Ron, and Pouilly-Fuisse might be my favorite of the entry level whites.

Macon definitely shows vintsge… the 2017 was really good to me, 2018 a bit rounder, but for $12 it’s still good.

Next step up from BB with Rully and Santenay Clos de Malte Blanc also good under $30.

Interesting trio of wines to taste, Jim. Found everywhere and they all sound like winners, which is nice to know. Big fan of your style of TNs - an eloquent "Sgt Friday!

Thx to Jim’s rec, I’ve had and enjoyed the current release Jadot Macon. Super well priced and it scratches my white burg itch at a price where I don’t cry if it is bad. Certainly it is not a cerebral or complex quaff but it is always enjoyable and satisfying. Jadot really does do a solid job across their lineup. Thx friend.

We “discovered” the Jadot Macon about a year ago. It doesn’t last long around the house, especially over the past 8 months. I can often pick it up for about $10 on sale at a local grocery, and we haven’t found anything that beats it at that price. I do see 2 slightly different labels - one with just the Macon-Villages designation and the other with an added “Les Petites Pierres” - at times. We haven’t tasted any obvious differences between the 2 labels. Is there some significance to the added phrase, or ???

In a similar vein the Drouhin-Vaudon Chablis is pretty reliable and authentic.