Eurocave Premier/Pure/Revelation

Need to get another wine fridge in the house. I already have a Eurocave Premier L. Is it worth it or better for the wine to upgrade to the Pure or Revelation?

According to a few folks that I talked to when I was making the same decision, the cooling and shelving is the same - you are just getting aesthetic bells and whistles. For me, that wasn’t worth it and I’ve been very happy the my premiers.

Humidity control ?!

Was wondering the same thing myself. If I understand correctly the Premiere holds a constant humidity within the “normal cellar range”. The Pure/Revelation both have active humidity control that you can adjust.

Does anyone have experience with the Premiere line? Would it be worth the extra to upgrade to the Pure?

1 Like

Ended up with the revelation and I like it. Not sure if it’s really worth the extra money but it looks much nicer,
Sleeker.

1 Like

I have both. There’s not a “control” per se, it is just a little box w/ some clay balls and if it gets dry, you pour a glass of water into it. You can pick up separately.

I track both units temp and humidity (~1400 datapoints a day).

Premiere: max 54.45F / min 51.47F / avg 53.18F Humidity max 80.2 / min 52.9 / avg 73.1%
Revelation: max 53.83F / min 52.30F / 53.15F Humidity max 84.6 / min 57.4 / avg 76.5%

As you can see both are pretty steady but revelation is a smidge tighter on the range.

+1 on can’t say it’s worth the extra money, but certainly looks way nicer.

2 Likes

I bought the pure a year ago and am happy with it. The door is much better than the premier. The shelves are great too. The humidity is usually between 57-65 percent. I have it in Arizona where is has low humidity.

1 Like

Where in AZ. I’m down in Oro Valley/Tucson.

1 Like

[cheers.gif]

I’m in Sedona.

I have a Eurocave Pure. Not really sure of the difference between the Pure and Premier. You can’t adjust the humidity on the Pure. Like someone mentioned, you receive a cartridge with some sort of absorbent rocks that you can wet if your humidity is too low. I live in Southern California, and the humidity runs between 55-70%. Usually higher this time of year since the condenser isn’t running as much as the summer.

This thing… U can totally make ur own.

1 Like

I’m sure you could make your own. It comes with the unit when you purchase it new.

Yeah my revelation included one, but premiere did not.

Reviving this thread to hopefully reach some people owning some of the newer EuroCave models.

Specifically, I’m looking into buying the Premiere L (located in Europe) with just a single zone, but I’m highly considering getting it with 14 sliding MDS shelves instead of any stacking shelves. For my personal taste and way of storing/drinking it would annoy me greatly figuring out which wines to put at the bottom of a stack, since my very long-term bottles are in a separate cooled off-site storage. It’s not of course only “drinking bottles” in this fridge, but I really think being able to slide any bottle out at any time would suit me the best.

My collection currently at home and not in off-site storage consists of about 43% Burgundy, 13% Champagne and 29% German Riesling with the rest mostly a mix of Austrian and Italian wines.

Would these bottles be able to fit comfortably on the MDS shelves without scraping against the shelf above if thick bottles?
And will most shelves only be able to hold 10 bottles then, or is it maybe possible to mix 5 Burgundy and 6 Riesling? Or can they reliably hold 12 if not all bottles are thick?

Really hoping for some of you owning a Premiere L to chime in with your thoughts an overall impression!

I have EuroCaves with the MDS shelves and what everyone says about bottle size is true – if you’re storing anything besides the standard, fairly slim Bordeaux style bottles, you won’t be able to get 12 per rack. For Rhone/Burgundy style bottles, I can get 10 bottles per rack in comfortably. Often they are scraping the rack above. Bigger BDX bottles are tricky as well. No experience with the tall Riesling bottles unfortunately. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I bought a Eurocave Premiere L a couple months ago in the US. I purchased with the universal shelves. They’re fine if you’re storing in bulk with multiple cases - I think you can put maximum 72 bottles on one.

However, I have been annoyed with them if you are just putting a single case on a shelf. I have found they fit 12 Bottles of most styles but the issue is they only roll out about 50% of the way so you can’t see what the six bottles in the back are… and you often can’t get them in or out without taking the bottles in the front out entirely. My previous Eurocave Comfort with the older shelf style did not have this issue and I have found it annoying.

I did not realize you can use MDS with this unit until your post and my review of the manual. If you are going to be pulling out the shelves to take bottles out in a regular basis, I’d buy those shelves even if it costs you capacity.

2 Likes

Thank you Alex - this is super helpful!
It’s really a shame with the scaping if it ruins labels… I would have thought EuroCave would be the prime producer to combat this with enough space since they’re a bit more “high-end” and should know their customers…

Thank you for chiming in, Rick! I will definitely be pulling the shelves out regularly and would also often need to reach the back bottles easily, so that’s also why I’m comfortable with the 14 MDS shelves instead of the standard. Although each shelf will now most likely only hold 10 bottles, it is quite a large “reduction” in storage space with only 140 bottles total.

1 Like

Yes that is a downside… but the regular shelves are so frustrating that it’s driving me to consider buying another unit as a “serving” chiller and converting the one I purchased to bulk storage.

1 Like

There’s a few shelves that scrape a bit more than others for me.

to add on RickD’s point of sacrificing space you could also adjust where you put in the shelves vertically to accommodate thicker bottles but would further sacrifice capacity.

I’ve essentially dedicated the most bottom wire shelf and parts of the lowest wooden stacking shelf to champagne / odd sized bottles.

I would hate to reduce even more below the 140 bottles, but if some shelves are better than others, then I think I could take the “worst offender”-bottles (the really thick Burgundy and odd-size champagne) and have them dedicated to those shelves.

Thank you for the input!