If only one village/town/city in Italy...

You have a home in Italy and have to live there for 6 months of the year. Which village/town/city would you choose and why?

Montalcino. It’s Tuscany and it’s Brunello. What more needs to be said?

Positano. No, Ravello

Senigallia

Bolzano. The Dolomites are the most beautiful mountains in the world. It’s surrounded by vineyards. They speak German (I speak German and not Italian).

Florence

Yes Florence!
Great food, wine, culture, fashion and centrally located.

I’ve really liked visiting there the two times I’ve been. I think the town and wines are generally underrated around WB.

Having said that, it would be a very quiet place to live six months a year. Which may or may not be what someone is looking for.

Monticchiello, a 4-5 minute drive from Pienza, and a quick 20-40 minute drive to numerous beautiful hillside towns, including San Quirico, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Buonconvento, Bagno Vignoni, and more, and in the heart of Val d’Orcia, the most beautiful section of Tuscany. Monticchiello itself is a cute but tiny little hillside town that happens to have one of the better restaurants in the region…For reaching a lot of places quickly, it may be the most strategically located town in Italy.

Rome.

Quite frankly, I think I could live there.

Great question. So many choices where you couldn’t go wrong. My first choice would be in the Veneto, either Padua or Verona. But I could also chose Sienna or Lucca in Tuscany. A small town might be too sleepy. I think as long as it a mid sized town within reasonable distance of Rome, Florence Milan or Venice for shopping culture and night life would be fine.

1 Like

Rome. Wonderful city and mere hours away by fast train to any corner.

I would live in almost any town in Piemonte. The region is so beautiful and two of my all time favorite wines, Barolo and Barbaresco are there. The food there is no slouch either.

Yes, that’s one of the appeals of Lucca and Siena – proximity to Florence.

I’m afraid Alba might be a little dull over the long haul. Asti has more to offer, but still is no Siena or Lucca.

This would be among my top picks. I love the Northeast and would never get bored.

Treviso
Udine
Verona
Trento
Trieste
Venice

Any of them, I’d be content.

It’s just amazing that there is an aerial tramway that takes you to Oberbozen. Then a trolley that takes you to other little mountain towns. Just the most bucolic place I could imagine. Then you can keep going up and do backpacking to mountain rifugios:
160434939_a659906a55_o.jpg
144245412_f3d2e43209_o.jpg
144245409_61af7571f1_o.jpg
144245405_324b4c363d_o.jpg

Never been but currently very near the top of my list of places to visit. Quite warm as well despite being in the mountains, right?

Great choice, flies under the radar to most. Next time you’re in the area go to Cile’s Bistrot in Fano. Unbelievable food.

Panzano in Chianti. Beautiful and very convenient to both Florence and Siena as well as both coasts.

1 Like