TN: 2017 Cruse Wine Company Blanc de Noirs Alder Springs

• 2017 Cruse Wine Company Blanc de Noirs Alder Springs - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (11/4/2020)
    Don’t really know much about the specifics in this wine, as I deleted the email, and can’t find anything on their website? All I know it’s Pinot Noir(100%?) from Alder Springs, and I believe sans soufre/dosage? Open in bottle for an hour…nose is one of hard cider, cherry skin, crushed limestone, almond liqueur, and a kind of weird sulfur covered fruit smell? Extremely alive and fresh in the mouth with tart wild red berry fruit as well as fleshy red apple and apricot…initial bubble explosion calms to a delicate bead, and almost becomes still after a few minutes in the glass. Wonderful pillow soft ginger/almond mousse coats the palate…love the exotics in this of that almond liqueur, lees, lychee floral, chalky limestone…even has an intriguing black pepper sprinkled over a candied apple kind of thing?! Needs some time to fully integrate, especially that sulfur thing I’m getting. Another FUN as hell, and totally enjoyable sparkler from the Cruse magic! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker