TN: 2017 Chanin Chardonnay Bien Nacido Vineyard

You need a distraction! How about this terrific Chardonnay from Chanin. Can’t remember the last time I was this smitten by a young California Chardonnay. [cheers.gif]

• 2017 Chanin Chardonnay Bien Nacido Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (11/4/2020)
    Really exciting young Chardonnay. Can’t remember the last time I was this smitten by a California Chardonnay. Very Chablis- like with bright, energetic edges and a background of salinity. Still a bit wound up, but terrific balance and edge with some rounder white fruit. And it smells great. Excellent and should be even better with a little time. And what a value! Glad to have more.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sssshhhhh… the 18 is even better

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Oh, yeah, isn’t it good? I have been doing mixed cases of similarly-priced Chardonnays from K&L and this was the clear winner. Plus: pretty label.

Indeed. The labels are all his art, yeah? Pretty cool. Screaming value! I just filled out a case with a few bottles from Wine House LA and glad I did. Will be paying attention now. nice wine.

Thanks for the note. I had it about a year ago, PnP, and quite enjoyed this. It was rather balanced with a touch of oak and acidity to round it out. Went back to buy a couple more. Thanks for the tip on the 18.

Gavin makes wonderful wines. The Sanford & Benedict Pinot Noir was equally eye opening for me. Excellent balance and integration. [cheers.gif]