TN: 2016 CT Barrel Project (Rasa) - Cabernet Sauvignon "Hommage a' Drycab" DuBrul Vineyard (USA, WA, Columbia Valley)

2016 CT Barrel Project Cabernet Sauvignon Hommage a’ Drycab DuBrul Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley (10/3/2020)
– decanted 30 min. before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 2 to 3 hours –
– 71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Merlot –

NOSE: tight; “dark” – stony/pencil shavings; hint of mesquite.

BODY: violet-garnet color of medium-deep to deep depth; medium to medium-full bodied.

TASTE: decent acidity – surprising; red-fruited a bit, but mostly a dark presentation — it must be the Merlot lending the red-fruited facet to this wine; 14.8% alc. is a little warming in the belly; quite young; good; Drink or Hold — I will wait 5 years before checking-in again. Gut impression score: 90 - 91.

Appreciate you taking one for the team. My mouth hurt at the thought of this so young, but then again we are appreciating our wines with a bit more age these days.

I typically don’t, but (1) nobody else was doing it, and (2) I was just having a day of missing Brad, which inspired me to pull the cork. What an incredible, kind, and gentle soul he was. R.l.P., friend. [cheers.gif]