Wine for election night? (Mod- next political post gets a 24hour suspension)

I will have a special bottle of champagne on ice (96 Clos des Goisses?).

And a bottle of kerosene.

Plans?

Whisky, only the amount is variable.

Brandy for me.

well, it also happens to be our 30th anniversary (boy, 2020 really took the wind out of our milestone sails!), so with Prime Rib it will be a recent WineBid purchase:

1990 Liparita Cabernet Sauvignon

(thanks Victor for the heads-up on these!)

Treating it like just another evening, will figure it out tomorrow.

-Al

Whiskey or whisky?

Looking like a Champagne night for you Neal.

For me? Zinfandel. With a good local pizza. Only the best - I smell victory!

Whisky, of course. My spelling is precise at most times, particularly on such an important subject.

(What irony that I had to edit for a typo. :slight_smile: )

Happy anniversary Eric!

Wanting to use one of my American Icon wines from the recently-delivered Ravenswood library cellar, I chose a wine from the first year I voted - 1989 - Ravenswood Zinfandel Cooke

Thanks Neal!

edited for politics

Faethm Fingers Crossed Grenache. Normally I’d wait on the bottle, and I’m not superstitious, but any bit of magic that can help overcome this dumpster fire that we are living in- even sacrificing a 3 year old bottle of wine- is going to be in play tomorrow.

Been giving this some thought. My initial reaction was that the bottle should be American. But four years ago we were in New Zealand during the election. We got to our hotel in Wellington just as it was looking like Trump was going to win. That sure made the evening and second half of our trip interesting. Anyway, we eventually made it to Rippon Winery. There we bought a Pinot, and it’s the only bottle we still have from the trip. I think that’s going to be our election night bottle.

I’m thinking of something with a bit of stink on the nose, with not much taste either way on the unsatisfying palate, but a loooooooong finish.

Nice.

1 Like

Neal,

Drink the champagne first!

Cheers,

Hal

No kinehoras. BUT depending on what we know and when we know it, the best champagne I have.

hopefully not hemlock

1 Like

given that we might not know the results for a few days I’ll probably take another glass of 2005 Musar from 3 oz bottle and do the celebrating/drowning of sorrows at dinner on Saturday.