TN: Tissot Chard Patchwork Arbois '18...(short/boring)

We had this for dinner last night:

1. Benedicte & Stephane Tissot Chard Patchwork AC: Arbois/Jura (14.20%; 60% clay/40% limestone; vinified & aged 1 yr in barrel; Camille Riviere Slctns) 2018: Deep gold color; bit oxidative/pungent bit smokey/oak slight almondy/Chard slight phenolic/resiny rather complex nose; quite tart/acidic/austere little fruit rather oxidative/nutty/pungent some baked/spice apple quite earthy rather savory somewhat strange flavor; long slight oxidative/nutty/savory rather tart/acidic/austere slight Chard/almondy finish w/ a dreadful wet dog fur taste far in the backtaste; a rather savory/saline/austere expression of Jura Chard; difficult to develop a liking for this wine. $37.00 (KK)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is advertised as a Chard made in a non-sous voile style and representing more a modern Burgundy. Guess I was unaware how low WhiteBurg has sunk. To my palate, it showed a distinct nutty/oxidative character, though not nearly as strong as other sous voile Chards I’ve tasted.
    Tom

sounds disappointing. the 18 rose massale chardonnay from tissot is a stunner…could easily pass as a top tier wine from the cote de beaune.

I don’t think I have yet experienced a Jura white that was strongly reminiscent of Burgundy. Even when topped up they still seem to have their own character. I’ve had this wine in the cooler 2013 vintage and it was markedly sour with some borderline unripe fruit expression - I could find some appeal in it but only for the AFWE.

I thought the 13 tasted like a chard with some sour beer mixed in. Maybe technically “flawed” though I did enjoy it for what it was.

Well well! Taken from my note: “…A notably sour, somewhat dirty nose, reminiscent of many oddball Belgian beers…”

Tissot collaborates on a beer with Cantillon.

That’s hilarious.

I had no idea but makes perfect sense, really [thankyou.gif]

Totally agree :slight_smile:. There was a time way back when when Stephane Tissot was still busy making wine. Often excellent wine, I still remember it (and may still have some bottles in the cellar to prove it)… but try saying that to the hipster crowd here in Europe these days… the hype is STRONG :slight_smile:

(BTW, speaking of Cantillon, Belgian beer, and very hip Jura wineries… I think Labet, too, have been headed down that road for a while now… and I live in Belgium :slight_smile: )

It is indeed, isn’t it champagne.gif