Is it too early to bring up BerserkerDay 2021?

I am taking a chill on the CC for the remainder of the year with the exception of holiday sales, the last bottle marathon and berserkers day. I’M looking forward to something from Kelley Fox, DI Costanza and Grassl.

The last marathon was terrible.

I’m excited for BerserkerDay, especially the airing of grievances! Oh wait, wrong holiday. champagne.gif

I’m excited to leave 2020 behind.

Is there a date yet?

Its a festivas for the rust of us.

It always falls on January 27th . . .

[drinkers.gif]

2021 duh
Pay attention [cheers.gif]

I hear Groupon is becoming a Berserker Business.

was discussing BD this week with a few different people. im really curious what it will look like this year. would be really happy to be able to support wineries that have seen a good bit of their restaurant sales dry up, but wondering if some of them are going to have to rethink offers due to smoke-related supply issues in the pipeline?

What will also be interesting are the expectations of those on the board who have been bombarded with ‘$180 for $18’ deals recently. Many small producers like me simply don’t offer those deals but we do make heartfelt wines for reasonable prices. I guess we’ll see what happens . . .

Those are different offers with different expectations and don’t really compete with each other, at least for me.

I truly hope most on here are on the same page as you!

Cheers

Anything to get rid of 2020.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone really thinks these are the same. I am done buying NDA wine - never bought much - but honestly I’ll never be able to get the pleasure out of a mystery bottle as one that I know the story and place behind.

weird all ive been seeing lately are “explanations on what happened during the shipping on your $180 for $18 wine and how we’re working to correct it” emails.

either way im with those above. BD producers get their own special category in my purchasing.

I’ve gone for a couple of the great wine, cheap price deals. The first was OK, but no great shakes (and Larry makes many red wines that are MUCH better, IMHO). So I am saving up for BD, and will be particularly looking for folks that have been hit by the fires so I can help at least in a small way.

I can’t speak for most of course, but for me it’s very clear - I prefer quality over quantity, and want a connection with growers and winemakers. I like to buy direct, after tasting whenever possible. I got one case of OG to see what it’s all about, and will probably keep it at that. I’m looking forward to the BD offers, especially if they include library wines.

Really looking forward to BDXII … already have some plans if some of the regulars participate.