Two for '88

It’s been 32 years since the Dodgers won the World Series (coincidentally, the Lakers won the same year as well).

To commemorate:

1988 Marcarini Brunate
Cherry, plum, smoke, cinnamon, anise, mahogany, leather, dried leaves, and black tea. Ample amount of warm fruit on the palate. Medium bodied with focus and punch. Smoky, iodine-tinged finish that slowly fans out. Solid wine on a gentle plateau (92).

1988 Michel Gaunoux Pommard Rugiens
Heady perfume of violet, maraschino, clove, cinnamon, pepper, beef blood, sandalwood, leather, and earth. Medium-plus bodied with medium plus acidity. The wine is deep, powerful, and structured. While it still needs years to fully resolve, it presents itself as a formidable and imposing drink today (94+).

[cheers.gif]

Nice wines.

Coincidentally I was just talking about the Lakers-Pistons series in 1988 the other day for the first time in a long time. I was at Game 3 at the Silverdome.

Thomas limping around the court draining bucket after bucket in game 6 is etched in my memory. He was unreal. The Lakers were fortunate to pull it off.

Well played. [cheers.gif]

The bullpen held things down until Tampa pulled Snell and that’s all she wrote.

It was a long time coming :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think they would have gotten the tying run even if he stayed. The bullpen did a good job of not letting the game get out of hand with Snell in there.