Tench 2018 release - Nov. 9

Looking forward to these:

Tench Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (2018) - $195: our Cabernet Sauvignon is from the rockiest portion of the vineyard, the area closest to the Silverado Trail and characterized by the rich, red and volcanic soil. This wine offers electric notes of blackberries, black plum, violets, crushed rock and iron. On the palate it showcases a balanced elegance with velvety tannins, integrated acidity and purity of fruit leading to a long seamless finish. It includes 12% Petit Verdot.

Tench Vineyards Bromfield (2018) - $85: a new wine for us! A few years ago, we planted some new Merlot vines and they have now come of age to form the base of this wine. It is a merlot dominated blend displaying an aromatic bouquet of blueberries, flowers and minerality. It is a full-bodied wine offering up layers of blue and black fruit, rich and spicy, with ultra-fine tannins delivering savory notes and a long finish with great depth. It includes 27% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Petit Verdot.

+1

Why? Riverain looks like a better deal. The 2017 doesn’t have great reviews on CT.

Also looking forward to Riverrain’s 2018 :slight_smile:

riverrain is a better deal, yes. but a different block, and made stylistically different.
comparing 2017 to 2018 is just goofy.

Can you show me one person who says this is a $200 wine or gave it a good review? What has the winemaker, Michael Savaiano, done in the past? It looks like he is a venture capitalist with no wine making experience.

the pedigree of the site speaks for itself. the winemaker is RB.

I assume you mean Russel Bevan? Bevan EE Tench is an excellent cab.

I agree, and if the wine maker were Russel Bevan, I would say it was a buy. The email says it’s not. It’s Michael Savaiano (director, winemaking and viticulture) and Caitlin Lhommeau. Never heard of either.

I read that as written - Director [of] winemaking and viticulture. As anyone who’s ever worked in Corp. America knows Directors, don’t do any actual work :stuck_out_tongue:, pretty clear to me RB is the winemaker (as described on their website). (edit: formatting)

The winemaker is definitely Russell and these wines are definitely a buy. We’ve had both from either sneak barrel peaks or out of bottle for the finished product and they are gorgeous wines. The The Bromfield is a must buy, not many Merlot based wines coming out of Napa at this level. Can’t say enough good things about the wines or Margaret and Rem, some of our best times up in Napa have been spent on their back porch!

The Tench wines are a project between the Tench Family and the Tench winemaking team, myself, Michael Saviano and Caitlin Lhommeau. The fruit comes from a number of blocks, but primarily the front blocks, which have the reddest and rockiest soil profiles. Our goal is to capturer the sites amazing power and showcase the amazing flavor profiles. We strive to craft wines that demonstrate the diversity of flavors and textures from this special vineyard. We make these wines because of our love of the site and look forward to bring new varietals and blends in the future.

All the best,
Russell Bevan

Order in! (thanks for the additional info Russell!)

Order in as well. I need to get up there for a tasting once covid settles down some more.

Any NJ ites want to pick up a couple of bottles? I want to try a few but need 6 bottles for free shipping. Anyone want to add a couple of bottles to my order?

Any comparison to Bevan Tench? Same site and wine maker seems interesting.