You know you have too much wine when...

You go to update your CellarTracker inventory, and discover that all three bottles you were going to delete were never entered in the first place! pileon

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:never??!:smirk::smirk:

….you go to one storage facility to pick up some of your wines, only to realise they are in another facility.

…people ask you how much wine you have, and while you know the number (approximate or exact), you are too ashamed to give a number and simply answer, “a lot” while trying to laugh it off and change the subject.

This, FTW.

Your wife gasps when you tell her the value of your wine… and you had cut it in half to not freak her out!

Only 1/2?

You order wine and are excited to get it. Go to enter it in CellarTracker and find out you already own bottles of that wine.

I know when I look at my CT data then stare into the cellar.

Been there done that more than once.

For me this happens when I spot a good deal in an auction for a lot I wasn’t planning to bid on. I’ll end up buying it right before the hammer then go to enter my prize in CT and realize I already have some of it.

You respond instinctively in minutes to an offer email because you simply must have THIS highly allocated wine.

Then you find yourself pleasantly relieved when you get a response that the wine you couldn’t live without has already been sold to others.

Also the dread of receiving a too good to pass up offer at the end of the month and wondering whether to take it and try to explain yourself to Maureen at the inventory reduction thread or to pass and be able to console yourself that you’ve been (somewhat) good for the month.

This, FTW.
[/quote]

You answer in cases because it sounds like a lesser amount. [cheers.gif]

I do not recommend doing that. Then people start asking how many bottles in a case, start doing some mental maths and start questioning not only the quantity of wine you have but also why you keep track of your wine in base 12

You wonder why you bought so much wine that won’t be ready to drink until you’ve turned 90

All of these.
On the flip side, you have too much wine but you stare endlessly at your CT and can’t, for the life of you, decide what to drink.

[winner.gif]

Its the cellar equivalent of having a fridge full but nothing to eat or having 100+ channels of TV but nothing to watch

you almost bid on auction wine you want till you realize it’s your wine and you were selling it.

[winner.gif]

[winner.gif]