JJ Prum Auction wines arrived today!

These arrived today. I won’t be tasting them for a long time, but wanted to share because it’s my first auction bottles ever. It’s interesting how different the labels are. I never had 03 and 01 side by side.

Purchased from Benchmark Wines if anyone was wondering.

May you enjoy them and drink them in good health! Some special bottles there.

1 Like

Different labels???

The 2001 label is longer than the 2003 with thinner gold ribbon on the top and bottom. They were purchased from Benchmark Wines so I assume they are legit. From the looks of it from my other bottles I think they may have just changed labels during that time. I just never noticed it.

I will do a little more research. I also emailed Mihailo at JJ Prum. If anyone knows he will likely know.

Thanks Jay! [cheers.gif]

Yeah. Don’t worry.

Enjoy them.

Yum! And you have more coming your way shortly! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Thanks to your very gracious offer of your time and assistance. [thankyou.gif] I am super excited for those bottles as well!

I have said it before and I will say it again; People on these forums, like yourself, have been beyond kind and helpful.

Awesome, super jealous.

Exciting!

If it were me, I’d open the 2003 first. Had it at the Prum estate a couple years ago and it was in the zone. The 2001 I had recently is still pretty primary but has shed some of its baby fat.

1 Like

Nice wines!

1 Like

Thanks Brian. It’s great to hear from someone who has experience with the wine, especially someone who’s opinion I really respect. I am glad to be able to open one of these soon. I will definitely open the 03 first and save the 01’s for later.

Thanks John! And thanks again for sourcing the few bottles of Prum in the state of Indiana champagne.gif

Thanks Adam. I am sure the auction bottles aren’t that much different if at all, but the collector in me just likes to have them. The “collecting” and “sourcing” wines is part of the wine experience that I enjoy.

Sorry for all of the posts in a row, I just wanted to respond to each person.

I totally missed the auction labels! My notes were for the non-auction bottles. Regardless, those will be a treat!

1 Like