TN: 2014 Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée

An absolutely beautiful wine. Floral, suave and textured out of the gate. An earthy, loamy quality is met with delicate florals and bright, sappy red fruit. The plush, weightless palate of red berries and spice has absolutely no hard edges. This is expertly balanced, and I am excited to see how it develops.

I loved it when I fist tried it a few years ago. Had another last year that was more closed in, so decided to let the rest sleep.

Good to hear it showed well for you. Now I want one!

On day 2 it closed up in a big way. Almost a stemmy profile (and I know it’s destemmed): very light, floral, tannic, notes of black tea. I’d say if you open one now, drink it quick (which shouldn’t be an issue!)

Sounds like a good weekend wine!

I am excited to read your note. Love this producer, hard to find here but did pick up a brace of '13s and '14s at auction last year at reasonable prices.

I really love the 14 MG. The VR village is absolutely delicious.

• 2014 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (3/18/2018)
    2014 red Burgundy tasting w/ incredible whites served blind (Eddie V’s - Tysons Corner, VA): Having had a small sample via Coravin the night before, it is easy to identify. Very pure and energetic, fresh blackberry, roasted coffee bean, sap, rose and earth. Very clean and pure, silky, perfect amount of acidity and mineral and a long clean black and red fruit driven finish. I am amazed by the stylistic consistency of three MG wines. This will be a nice wine to understand the style of ’14 Mugneret Gibourg wines. (92 pts.)
  • 2014 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (3/17/2018)
    I was expecting more red fruit considering the vintage but perhaps Vosne terroir can’t be ignored. Pure energetic nose displaying black cherry, strawberry candy, a slight hint of espresso bean, sap, flowers and earthy mineral. Beautiful clean sappy palate, pure red and black fruit, silky and fluid, bright acidity, strong mineral presence, noticeable tannins and a long candied strawberry and sap driven finish. Though not as complex as the great GCs, this has everything that you want in Burgundy, purity, energy, precision, balance and etc. I would love to drink a bottle when sous bois fully develops which I suspect will take a couple of decades. There is enough fruit and structure to get there. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker