A practical guide to wine touring in Sicily

Some years back, one of my groups did a blind tasting of Mount Etna wines, which was a revelation for me. I came to love nerello mascalese.

I don’t know a huge amount about the area, or the varied wines, but a friend, Karen La Rosa, leads wine and food tours of the island and has written an informative article with a lot of photos, profiles and – crucially – contact info for many wineries. I thought I’d flag it up in case anyone has plans (in the now distant future) to visit Sicily.

Thanks for sharing John! I, too, love Nerello Mascalese. Sicily is a destination that I’ve been dreaming of visiting for some time now. Hopefully it will be possible to travel there soon. Sigh

Great timing as my brother is visiting Sicily at the moment and I’ve passed this along. Thanks very much for sharing!

Thoughtful to share, John. If we can’t travel, at least we can read about it a bit, and plan (fantasize?) some possibilities for wine-centric excursions. Cheers.

Alfonso Cevola’s Wine blog is great if you love Italian wines, and he has also published write-up’s in the past about touring Sicily.

https://acevola.blogspot.com/search/label/Sicily%202014

Very cool, John. Thanks for sharing. Also a recent convert to NM, and this one of my favorite new areas for wines. Looking forward to a visit when life gets back to normal.

thanks for posting! this is on my wish list too…

Thanks for the link John, good reading. Coincidentally, I opened a Terre Nere Etna Bianco last night and my wife asked me about my (relatively) sudden infatuation with Sicilian wines.

John, this is great. Sicily is very near the top of my travel list and I likely would have gone this year if it weren’t for Covid. Hopefully 2021 treats us better and I’ll be able to go.

Thanks for sharing!