TN: 2018 Ridge Evangelho (USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County)

• 2018 Ridge Evangelho - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (10/9/2020)
    13.5% abv. Medium ruby, very aromatic. Cherry, rose petals, cinnamon and white pepper highlight a lively palate impression. Good depth, excellent length. This very pretty and well delineated wine will only improve over the next 6-8 years. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Glad I just got 3 bottles. Look forward to popping one soon.

Exciting… picked up a couple at Lytton Springs yesterday. Looking forward to tasting it!

Thanks for the tasting note!! I think this is a very exciting release.

Have enjoyed Bedrock bottling from this source…Is this the initial vintage for Ridge from Evangelho?

Jon, 2018 is not the initial vintage for Ridge Evangehlo, but the first since 1993.

Pnp and immediately ordered six more. This is drinking well now, seriously. Yeow this is good and qpr at member $32 per.

Will it be available to non-club folks?

Why not give them a call and see if they willing on a one shot basis?

That might be worth a try… label says 29 barrels produced, so I would expect this one to remain members only officially.

wow, thanks, Mike…Have been drinking Ridge for years but was not previously aware of that bottling…Most of my Ridge consumption came from Lytton Springs, Geezer, Pagani and the occasional York Creek PS[thankyou.gif]

How timely. A friend of mine brought this over yesterday.For me it had a very interesting texture-smooth, almost buttery-vanilla, with a brambly grip at the finish, which was quite long. Very unique.

So, besides Bedrock (of course), Dirty and Rowdy, Desire Lines, and Ridge - does anyone else get fruit from Evangelho who bottles it as a vineyard designate?

Dashe, Neyers, Precedent, Three.

Oh wow, I need to broaden my horizons. Had no idea so many bottlings were out there.

Sandlands bottles a very nice CC mixed black, but not sure if Tegan sources from Evangehlo. Such a distinctive and noble vineyard. One of these days it will get the recognition it deserves.

Would be fun to see a Once and Future bottling from here too.

Cruse makes a Carignan under his own label.

CT says Dashe, Precedent, Calder, Neyers and T-Vine Cellars (?) currently source it and bottle an SVD too

I think CCC Carignane is really special. My favorite grape from that region.

Just popped the Ridge tonight. I agree with all the praise and the score - it’s a solid 91, 92pts wine.