Did anyone else get a shipment notification from Bedrock?

I received an email today saying that my Bedrock order had shipped today, when it was 90 degrees in Napa today and will go through Redding where it’s 94 or so the next two days. Why anyone would automatically ship in this weather just baffles me. If you care about your wine and your customers you don’t ship when it’s that hot, period.

Is it shipping temp controlled (e.g. ColdChain)? If not, that’s absurd.

It just said FedEx Ground on the email, so I’m guessing there is nothing special about it.

FedEx reports the labels have been created.

My notice says it shipped today

The email from Bedrock says, “your order has shipped” but it appears that only the labels have been created. It may still be a few days before the wine actually travels, but yeah, that’s hot.

Here in Oregon, my Bedrock purchases always ship on Mondays and arrive on Wednesdays. So I am sure that this one will, too. The good news is that nights are very cool. Should be ok.

I am in LA and received an automated weather hold notice a few days ago

When I check the tracking number with FedEx is says it arrived at the FedEx location in Fairfield, and has expected delivery on Friday, so it sounds to me like it’s actually reached their facility. This is my first order from Bedrock, so I don’t know their normal procedure.

Thanks Philip. It’s not the nights I’m concerned about though. Trucks going through Redding get very hot.

I got my notification too. It won’t be to my home in Seattle until Thursday. Not thrilled about this either.

The release email said all orders would ship October 5. If you request another date they’re usually very happy to help out.

The weather is a separate issue and I imagine is driven by some weather algorithm of a logistics partner (doubt they’re packing and shipping all these mixed cases themselves), so can’t really speak to that. Mine is on its way to the East coast but should have a nice path of mild weather on its route.

Bedrock packages are shipped via vinfillment which (not sure how) can track the temperatures where the wine was. Here’s one they pulled in may for me because I was concerned about temps.

5/20 5:42am SACRAMENTO CA – 61 degrees
5/21 4:07am SACRAMENTO, CA – 62 degrees
5/21 5:17 pm SALT LAKE CITY, UT – 69 degrees
5/22 6:26 am BRADY, NE – 61 degrees
5/22 6:31 pm MAHOMET, IL – 71 degrees
5/23 3:16 am GROVE CITY, OH – 56 degrees

If there are any problems Bedrock will make good for it.

Labels have been created, will arrive next Monday. Was concerned about sitting over the weekend, but at least temps in VA have cooled down to 60’s/70’s, so not as concerned once it gets in the area.

A label has been created. If you look at the tracking info you will probably see it has not left the fulfillment facility yet.

That might be true with some of them, but my tracking info now says:

“IN TRANSIT
Departed FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA”

I’m no FedEx expert (or would that be FedExpert?), but it sounds like it’s definitely on the way.

I stand corrected.

Though I live in Seattle my wine is being shipped to PDX with expected delivery on Friday. I must admit I find this an odd (read too early) set ship date of early Oct as the standard for the summer offer. Why not just wait a few more weeks which would reduce a little of the temp exposure for ground shipping?

I dunno, I’m not overly concerned about these getting cooked in transit. Those of us in PDX and Seattle will have them tomorrow or Thursday, most of that going through relatively cool areas. Do we really think these are gonna get cooked by passing through a hot zone for a few hours on one day of their travel, especially considering that the bottles very likely left the facility cool?