What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

#801 Post by Rodrigo B »

Michael Singsen wrote: February 14th, 2021, 6:23 pm Has anyone else tried the #79 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc? The offer described it as a "stunning", even "amazing", offering "wave after wave of richness and depth. Glorious." Well, perhaps inspired by today's offer, we opened a bottle and tried it out with friends. It tastes nice, to be sure, but it is kind of watery and never gets close to wave after wave of richness and depth, even after sitting in the glass for an hour and warming up. Did we open it too soon? Are there better days ahead? I drink very little white wine, and hardly any SB, so maybe I don't know what to look for, but so far, not amazing.
I'm a big SB fan. Planning to drink a bottle later this week to check it out. Will report back
B r @ g @

DavidR

#802 Post by DavidR »

OG #22 drank really well over the weekend! Much more aromatic than I remember from the last time I opened one and more expressive fruit on the palate as well.
R e i d

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#803 Post by ekwartler »

Opened No.91 last night to keep warm. Second bottle of 91 we've tried. The first one was stellar straight out on pop and pour, but it's regressed in the past three weeks (as Cam suggested it might). That being said, it was damn good after two hours in the decanter and continues to show excellent promise. It was my first DN purchase, and the faith that wine inspired in Cam's judgment has cost me a shocking amount of money since...

What are y'all drinking to keep warm?
E r i c

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#804 Post by Cameron Hughes »

Michael Singsen wrote: February 14th, 2021, 6:23 pm Has anyone else tried the #79 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc? The offer described it as a "stunning", even "amazing", offering "wave after wave of richness and depth. Glorious." Well, perhaps inspired by today's offer, we opened a bottle and tried it out with friends. It tastes nice, to be sure, but it is kind of watery and never gets close to wave after wave of richness and depth, even after sitting in the glass for an hour and warming up. Did we open it too soon? Are there better days ahead? I drink very little white wine, and hardly any SB, so maybe I don't know what to look for, but so far, not amazing.
Hey Michael - I had this over the weekend and, yeah, its still coming around in the bottle. Whites that get lots of oak get lots of O2 as well so they shock up like a barrel-aged red...give it 6 weeks but preferably even longer...that wine should age nicely for a decade or more so don't kill 'em all off too soon.

Cameron

Michael Singsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#805 Post by Michael Singsen »

Thanks for those insights. We finished the bottle the next day, and it had much more going for it on day two, which is consistent with your advice. Will hold off until the spring before trying the next one.

Larry Chmel
GCC Member
GCC Member

#806 Post by Larry Chmel »

Cameron Hughes wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:13 am
Hey Michael - I had this over the weekend and, yeah, its still coming around in the bottle. Whites that get lots of oak get lots of O2 as well so they shock up like a barrel-aged red...give it 6 weeks but preferably even longer...that wine should age nicely for a decade or more so don't kill 'em all off too soon.

Cameron
Although I'm sure you are very busy, do you have any thoughts about putting drinking recommendations for each bottle on your website?

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#807 Post by Luca Giupponi »

Luca Giupponi wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Just opened a #16 Sauvignon Blanc. I’m going against the grain on this one and say it tastes like a $12 Costco wine. Not bad for a daily drinker but nothing special about it. Would not buy again and would definitely not buy a case based on my first bottle. I had a $30 Massican SB at thanksgiving that was leagues better than this one.
I just wanted to follow up on this after going through half the case. That first bottle, for whatever reason, was a fluke. My wife and I have really enjoyed the other bottles and are looking forward finishing the remaining few. It's a very exciting and vibrant SB. Still a notch below the Massican but that's ok! That one punches way above its price point.

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#808 Post by Cameron Hughes »

Larry Chmel wrote: February 17th, 2021, 4:58 am
Cameron Hughes wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:13 am

Cameron
Although I'm sure you are very busy, do you have any thoughts about putting drinking recommendations for each bottle on your website?
Yes, we plan on having a set of tastings as soon as we move the office later this week. The new store should launch at end of month or early March and we should have the info ready to go then.

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#809 Post by Cameron Hughes »

Luca Giupponi wrote: February 17th, 2021, 10:00 am
Luca Giupponi wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Just opened a #16 Sauvignon Blanc. I’m going against the grain on this one and say it tastes like a $12 Costco wine. Not bad for a daily drinker but nothing special about it. Would not buy again and would definitely not buy a case based on my first bottle. I had a $30 Massican SB at thanksgiving that was leagues better than this one.
I just wanted to follow up on this after going through half the case. That first bottle, for whatever reason, was a fluke. My wife and I have really enjoyed the other bottles and are looking forward finishing the remaining few. It's a very exciting and vibrant SB. Still a notch below the Massican but that's ok! That one punches way above its price point.
awesome -glad to hear it!

Joseph O

#810 Post by Joseph O »

Luca Giupponi wrote: February 17th, 2021, 10:00 am
You’re in good company. I think many of of us can’t wait to crack that first bottle open asap. I had two similar experiences with #50 Cab and #109 Syrah. They were flabby and lifeless on the first try - a month or so later they were tremendously improved and better integrated. Bottle shock? I’m not knowledgeable enough to say.
Joseph O

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#811 Post by Rodrigo B »

Popped both N.16 and N.79 SBs to compare. Both are pop and pour first impressions. I’ll report back after on how they develop

N.16
Pop and pour first impressions:
On the nose this is ripe and rich, but nowhere near N.79. Oak is more moderate, notes of passion fruit, pineapple rind and a dollop of fresh cut grass, though it seems that the pyrazines have mostly been ripened out. Palate is much the same. Some phenolic bitterness and medium minus acidity like N.79.

N.79
Pop and pour first impressions:
A lot more of new oak on the nose than N.16 (it did spend 18mo in 100% new oak after all) and what feels like a touch of VA with a slight hint of nail polish remover on the nose. Some ripe tropical fruits hiding behind those two? It’s tough to say much as those were really the two main things I could smell upon first opening. Rich and ripe on the palate with medium minus acidity. A bit of cinnamon in there as well? First impressions is that this needs A LOT of time to integrate, though it doesn’t have the acidity I like in a white to age 10+ years. I’d probably give this 3-4 years and then consume the rest over the next 3-4.

Both don’t have the higher acidity and minerality that I tend to prefer in SB, but N.16 makes a perfectly acceptable summer quaffer at this price point, N.79 is nowhere near ready to drink.
B r @ g @

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#812 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Popped OG N.121 tonight - very nice fume styled SB. Do not drink this too chilled, it's still a bit shockey, saved half a bottle to share with a friend tomorrow.

Greg Gardner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#813 Post by Greg Gardner »

Had the OG 83 the other night, the Columbia Valley Semillon /Chenin blend. I thought it was delicious. There’s bright acidity while the Semillon provides a lush mouthfeel. I got the mixed case of 6 ea of this and the OG 84, and now I’m bummed I didn’t see the follow up offer about a month ago for a full case of the 83. This will be a great summer quaffer, and has the potential for interesting evolution over a couple of years.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#814 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

OG 123 Napa $10 Merlot. Poured two small glasses Thursday night to try it with a friend who stealthly bought a case after swearing off he "had too much wine & DN".. I was going to share some with him...oh well. Glad that we each have a case now. This is simply an incredible bargain. Wow. Smooth, long finish and tannins that grip. Not dark in glass, just beautiful dark ruby color. Tonight, poured it against a 2014 Ct. Ste Michelle Cold Creek Cabernet. The Cab was darker, more acidic, but had a toasty oak vanilla flavor of staves/chips that this OG 123 clearly did not have. $10 is what this cost - I keep pinching myself with every sip. Thanks Cameron for another DeNegoce bargain/gem. Cheers.

Michael Martin

#815 Post by Michael Martin »

Oak chips in a Ct. Ste Michelle?

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#816 Post by MatthewT »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: February 19th, 2021, 8:37 pm OG 123 Napa $10 Merlot. Poured two small glasses Thursday night to try it with a friend who stealthly bought a case after swearing off he "had too much wine & DN".. I was going to share some with him...oh well. Glad that we each have a case now. This is simply an incredible bargain. Wow. Smooth, long finish and tannins that grip. Not dark in glass, just beautiful dark ruby color. Tonight, poured it against a 2014 Ct. Ste Michelle Cold Creek Cabernet. The Cab was darker, more acidic, but had a toasty oak vanilla flavor of staves/chips that this OG 123 clearly did not have. $10 is what this cost - I keep pinching myself with every sip. Thanks Cameron for another DeNegoce bargain/gem. Cheers.
Just poured this for a decant for tonight. Excited to try now! Thanks Timothy.

--Man who also swore off dN yet still couldn't resist #123
I'm a Turk

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#817 Post by Pat P »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: February 19th, 2021, 8:37 pm OG 123 Napa $10 Merlot. Poured two small glasses Thursday night to try it with a friend who stealthly bought a case after swearing off he "had too much wine & DN".. I was going to share some with him...oh well. Glad that we each have a case now. This is simply an incredible bargain. Wow. Smooth, long finish and tannins that grip. Not dark in glass, just beautiful dark ruby color. Tonight, poured it against a 2014 Ct. Ste Michelle Cold Creek Cabernet. The Cab was darker, more acidic, but had a toasty oak vanilla flavor of staves/chips that this OG 123 clearly did not have. $10 is what this cost - I keep pinching myself with every sip. Thanks Cameron for another DeNegoce bargain/gem. Cheers.
You got the OG 123 already? I thought it wasn't shipping until March?
P 1 5 @ N 0

bwolff

#818 Post by bwolff »

Pat P wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:40 am
It wasn't, but I got mine, too, yesterday.
These users thanked the author bwolff for the post:
Pat P
B e r t

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#819 Post by Eric White »

123 arrived here in Oregon yesterday too.

Last night - another glass of No. 16, Sauv. Blanc - still diggin' this wine a lot, most of the bottle remains for today :)

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#820 Post by Pat P »

bwolff wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:31 am
Hmm, did you get a shipping notice or did it just show up?
These users thanked the author Pat P for the post:
bwolff
P 1 5 @ N 0

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#821 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Everyone who did order OG 123:

I live 3 counties away from Wine Connection warehouse DN uses for shipping- likely reason why folks on West Coast had wine shipped. I ordered Friday 12th if I recall, shipping notice was sent Monday 15th.

This wine has a long finish to it, some baking spice has Cameron stated. My wife and I truly enjoyed this wine.

Michael Martin- The Ch Ste Michelle wine tastes like there were oak alternatives used vs oak barrels. I've worked in the wine industry and have taken seminars on it's use- becoming mainstay in industry for lowering oak costs as you might know. No evidence of alternatives from my perspective in OG 123.

bwolff

#822 Post by bwolff »

Pat P wrote: February 20th, 2021, 9:57 am
bwolff wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:31 am

Hmm, did you get a shipping notice or did it just show up?
In the wee hours of 2/18, I got a notice that it shipped on 2/17.
B e r t

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#823 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

If you sign up with UPS My Choice, Wine Country Connect will "create the label", you will a notice of label creation. That tells you it's in UPS system, product will ship within 2-3 business days then- and by viewing my choice packages under "Preferences" the OG Lot number will be displayed.

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#824 Post by Pat P »

Ok, thanks!I have UPS My Choice so maybe mine hasn't shipped yet.
P 1 5 @ N 0

Kevin B

#825 Post by Kevin B »

Opened another #108, Fair Play Zin last night. This is the third bottle, and it seems to be regressing. First one was right after I got it, and it was pretty rough. Second was about three weeks ago, and much improved. Last night needed about two hours to be enjoyable. Right out of the bottle it was almost harsh. I know this can happen, and I'm not complaining. Just need to leave it alone for a few more months.
Beswick

Greg Gardner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#826 Post by Greg Gardner »

OG 135 Mendo Carignan arrived yesterday so had to pop one today. Delicious! This has bright acidity and juicy berry fruit. Another great crushable spring and summer winner.
These users thanked the author Greg Gardner for the post:
Nate Simon

Jeff O
GCC Member
GCC Member

#827 Post by Jeff O »

I also popped open an OG 135 Mendocino Carignane tonight because (what the hell) it's only 8 bucks. The scent of plum jumped out initially, followed by lavender and fresh green plant (I obviously need to learn to differentiate my green plant smells). And the taste? Wow, this wine has a lot going on with the intense fruit flavors leading the way followed by brown sugar and a tannic finish that's pleasing (not overly bitter), perhaps due to the zesty acidity keeping things in check. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing if/how this develops even further over time. I agree with Greg that this will be a popular summer red (it definitely has all of those characteristic features going for it), although there's something really different and interesting about it as-is (even in the dead of winter). I don't think that many who gambled on this unique offering will be disappointed.
These users thanked the author Jeff O for the post (total 2):
Nate Simon, Luca Giupponi
0 w 3 n $

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#828 Post by Nate Simon »

Greg Gardner wrote: February 20th, 2021, 5:02 pm OG 135 Mendo Carignan arrived yesterday so had to pop one today. Delicious! This has bright acidity and juicy berry fruit. Another great crushable spring and summer winner.
Thanks to you and Jeff for the timely notes. I was on the fence about this in terms of opening it soon, since it is relatively recently bottled. Sounds like it has a lot going for it right now. Definitely on deck!

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#829 Post by Kevin Patrick »

OG 50 served blind late in the evening last night.

Pop-n-poured at almost 5 months post bottling. Nose had some interesting, if muted, rustic notes wafting around. Reminded me in a pleasing way of a "daily drinker" Bordeaux (young, light, red cherries, with a little grainy quality). Smooth on the palate with fruits of strawberries and faint black cherries with a medium finish. This was an enjoyable easy-drinker. Good wine to serve at a cocktail party or family gathering. Definitely worth the purchase price but not an incredible steal of a wine. Flavor profile unreminiscent of Leonetti grapes, much to my chagrin. We concluded either Cam was forced to change the formula as to make the wine unrecognizable as Leonetti or it is a different source all together (I think it is the latter).

A fun side-experiment was run where we had a 2018 Paso Robles Cabernet (approx same price, grape, vintage, country of origin, etc.) tasted side-by-side. This wine had a big floral nose and juice that really explodes on your palate ... and ends shortly thereafter. While not unanimous, the general feeling of the crowd was the Paso Robles would get a greater reaction out of any audience but the OG 50 was a better wine and would receive higher scores.

Greg Gardner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#830 Post by Greg Gardner »

Nate Simon wrote: February 20th, 2021, 9:44 pm
Greg Gardner wrote: February 20th, 2021, 5:02 pm OG 135 Mendo Carignan arrived yesterday so had to pop one today. Delicious! This has bright acidity and juicy berry fruit. Another great crushable spring and summer winner.
Thanks to you and Jeff for the timely notes. I was on the fence about this in terms of opening it soon, since it is relatively recently bottled. Sounds like it has a lot going for it right now. Definitely on deck!
It put on some weight over a couple of hours. On PnP it was really bright and racy and it got deeper and a little bigger with a couple of hours of air. Interesting stuff. I will probably hang onto a lone bottle for a few years to see how it evolves.

Jeff O
GCC Member
GCC Member

#831 Post by Jeff O »

Greg Gardner wrote: February 21st, 2021, 11:08 am
Nate Simon wrote: February 20th, 2021, 9:44 pm
It put on some weight over a couple of hours. On PnP it was really bright and racy and it got deeper and a little bigger with a couple of hours of air. Interesting stuff. I will probably hang onto a lone bottle for a few years to see how it evolves.
I had decanted mine for about an hour first, which may account for why my first sip seemed to show more depth right on the bat. But you're right, even that decanted first sip started off "bright and racy" before shifting into a pleasantly smooth, earthy, and mildly-acidic finish. Later on in the evening (after my original post) the finish had devolved into a sharper, almost-too-peppery sensation, which was possibly the result of a poor food pairing on my part (unless this is just one of those wines that come screaming out of the starting gate and hold strong through the backstretch only to falter later on in the homestretch). Tonight I'll be interested to see if it still has anything left in the tank on Day 2. The next time I open one of these will likely be to savor on its own as an afternoon sipper (without food). I'm still really happy with the purchase though. I don't currently own anything else quite like it.
These users thanked the author Jeff O for the post:
Nate Simon
0 w 3 n $

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#832 Post by Eric White »

123 merlot - a serious winner

Paul Flynn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#833 Post by Paul Flynn »

I opened a #41 and a #42 on Saturday night. I pulled the corks about 5 hours before consuming. No decanting

#41 is definitely a big wine but I never noticed any overt alcohol flavors or aromas. There's oak and fruit and possible some sweetness but not sweetness like Caymus or The Prisoner. I would say that this would be a general crowd-pleaser without treading into the area of offensive to anyone who might be put off by ooze monsters. It's always hard to say how these big wines will evolve but I'd say this one is akin to a bug Aussie wine or perhaps even an Amarone. This was $19 and is more than worth it.

#42 is more well delineated and more complex than #42. The oak appeared to be medium toast and was mostly hidden under the fruit. This is quite lush without any hard edges but there's some tannin lurking underneath. This got better as the night wore on with some savory flavors mixing in with the fruit. I wouldn't expect this to last for decades but should continue to improve for 5-8 more years. This was $18 and I would have been happy if I'd paid $50.
These users thanked the author Paul Flynn for the post (total 2):
ChrisWolff, rsmithjr
Paul

“I have to have the most expensive thing, not because it’s the most expensive but because it costs more”

Cordelia Chase

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#834 Post by MatthewT »

Eric White wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:05 pm 123 merlot - a serious winner
I liked it too. For $10!
I'm a Turk

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#835 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Matthew T and Eric W,
OG 123 -probably one of Cam's better bargains he's offered IMO. He was excited to throw out to the DN Fanboys like us.

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#836 Post by Mike R »

Had an OG40 over the weekend. Wine is awesome, hope it comes back up in the store.
... 0 p 3 r

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#837 Post by MatthewT »

#81 is getting destroyed on CT. Expensive one too. I did not get it.

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp? ... 9f354d6d6d

#72 also very panned. Sadly I did get that one. Whats your take on these both Cam? Both very high end offerings.

I'm a Turk

rsmithjr

#838 Post by rsmithjr »

How did you get this wine so soon? Says shipping in March....

But very glad to hear its good.....
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Pat P
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#839 Post by Pat P »

rsmithjr wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:44 am
How did you get this wine so soon? Says shipping in March....

But very glad to hear its good.....
See posts 821 & 822
P 1 5 @ N 0

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#840 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Those who did buy OG 123 will be pleased IMO.

Roger- Matthew T/Eric W/myself all on West Coast. Shipping notice went out Monday after purchase. When it arrives, I'm sure you will be wanting to try some. Cheers, Tim

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#841 Post by ekwartler »

We popped #107 a couple of nights ago, and it was utterly undrinkable after 3 hours in decanter. We funneled it back into bottle and tried it again last night...no improvement. I'll retain faith that the wine just needs time; we opened a 2018 Theopolis PS a couple of weeks ago, and while it was certainly drinkable, it also would have benefitted from time. Not going to touch another 107 for 6-12 months.
E r i c

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#842 Post by Eric White »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:07 pm Those who did buy OG 123 will be pleased IMO.

Roger- Matthew T/Eric W/myself all on West Coast. Shipping notice went out Monday after purchase. When it arrives, I'm sure you will be wanting to try some. Cheers, Tim
yes indeed, it was so good last night I didn't save much for today, but I'm drinking the remaining (rather heavy single pour) and it's still singing. Really happy with this one!

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#843 Post by Cameron Hughes »

MatthewT wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:23 am #81 is getting destroyed on CT. Expensive one too. I did not get it.

#72 also very panned. Sadly I did get that one. Whats your take on these both Cam? Both very high end offerings.

Man, I just shake my head. I just tasted both of these...81 has some pruny reductive funk on opening but it blows off in 60 seconds. The wine has 3 months in the bottle and has a ways to go but its all there. The comment that its sweeter than Conundrum is absolutely ridiculous...this wine is bone effin dry.

N.72 is still a baby but its right on target...why don't you crack a bottle yourself and the see if this hilarious tasting note has any basis in reality: "Decidedly unappealing. It tastes flat, has a lousy mouth feel, no tannins to speak of. It tastes like watered down fruit juice. This really makes me question the judgement of De Negoce."

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#844 Post by Cameron Hughes »

ekwartler wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 4:35 pm We popped #107 a couple of nights ago, and it was utterly undrinkable after 3 hours in decanter. We funneled it back into bottle and tried it again last night...no improvement. I'll retain faith that the wine just needs time; we opened a 2018 Theopolis PS a couple of weeks ago, and while it was certainly drinkable, it also would have benefitted from time. Not going to touch another 107 for 6-12 months.
yeah, good thinking, that wine will be ass backward for a while.

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#845 Post by MatthewT »

Cameron Hughes wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 7:19 pm
MatthewT wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:23 am #81 is getting destroyed on CT. Expensive one too. I did not get it.

Man, I just shake my head. I just tasted both of these...81 has some pruny reductive funk on opening but it blows off in 60 seconds. The wine has 3 months in the bottle and has a ways to go but its all there. The comment that its sweeter than Conundrum is absolutely ridiculous...this wine is bone effin dry.

N.72 is still a baby but its right on target...why don't you crack a bottle yourself and the see if this hilarious tasting note has any basis in reality: "Decidedly unappealing. It tastes flat, has a lousy mouth feel, no tannins to speak of. It tastes like watered down fruit juice. This really makes me question the judgement of De Negoce."
Thanks Cam. It's at my offsite or I would actually.

I wouldn't have commented on either except multiple people posted reviews with no contras.
I'm a Turk

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#846 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Big PETS (Petite Sirah) really need some time in bottle. This OG 107 PETS is a 2019! OK Cam here you go:

Size 52 coat, size 2 hat...all I need to say about PETS- anyone who drinks Petite Sirah will know what that means. Cheers, Tim
These users thanked the author Timothy B a l l a r d for the post:
Bob Hoelting

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#847 Post by ekwartler »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 7:47 pm Big PETS (Petite Sirah) really need some time in bottle. This OG 107 PETS is a 2019! OK Cam here you go:

Size 52 coat, size 2 hat...all I need to say about PETS- anyone who drinks Petite Sirah will know what that means. Cheers, Tim
It's a 2018; I never would have touched it if it had been a 2019. Still, my own damn fault for being curious. Good thing I have 11 left.
E r i c

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#848 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Label says 2019 on website.

I'm drinking my 2005 and 2006 PETS from SCM winery I worked a at. Monster wines. Both have another 2-5 years left at least.

If you got any OG 123, NJOY that for now. Cheers.

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#849 Post by Cameron Hughes »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 8:42 pm Label says 2019 on website.

I'm drinking my 2005 and 2006 PETS from SCM winery I worked a at. Monster wines. Both have another 2-5 years left at least.

If you got any OG 123, NJOY that for now. Cheers.
Hey Tim - love the 52/2 analogy! And, yeah, designer put wrong vintage on the label...its 2018. I have another 2018 Napa Petite coming in a few weeks...little sub-1000 gallon lot. Good stuff.

CH

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#850 Post by Cameron Hughes »

MatthewT wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 7:36 pm
Cameron Hughes wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 7:19 pm

Thanks Cam. It's at my offsite or I would actually.

I wouldn't have commented on either except multiple people posted reviews with no contras.
Hell, I appreciate you bringing these to my attention. I need to get a CT profile and start smartin' off.
These users thanked the author Cameron Hughes for the post:
Curtis Chen

Return to “Wine Talk”