What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

#651 Post by Jay $$ Winton »

the 108 is very raw as expected but I think the foundation is there for an excellent wine. I popped and poured a glass last night and will see how it progresses over the next couple of days. Absolutely no complaints for the staggering sum of $9. Musical pairing will be a killer GD show from 12/10/71.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

Kevin B

#652 Post by Kevin B »

Opened 108 tonight as well. Got this a few days ago as part of my first DN purchase. I decided to try it out because this was one of the first DNs I got, I've never (knowingly) drunk a wine so soon after bottling, and I've been enjoying a few Zins of late. I'm not real good at describing the taste of wine, but here goes anyway. Decanted and poured a few ounces to try right off. It looked blue going into the decanter, but that might be the led lights in the kitchen. The color in the glass is medium red, sort of like cranberry juice. First impression was raw with a lot of alcohol. Some tannins, and very dry, but in a good way. After a bit it opened up more, with a smell of I guess is described as water on stone, and the alcohol lessened. A bit later some fruit on the nose that I can't really describe, and a bit more fruit and a hint of chocolate on the finish. After a few hours the alcohol is mostly gone, or I have become numb. Getting more fruit in the taste that I cant really describe, but really enjoyable. Still getting the tannins, and the fruit, and realizing that I really like this wine. Could that be the 15.7%? Maybe, But I don't think so. I really like this.

Anyway, there's a glass or two left, and here are my impressions before I decide to pour it back or finish it. Aroma is somewhat muted but opens over time with some fruit I can't identify. Very bright and full of flavor. Evolves over time, more than most of the Zins I've had lately, and keeps getting better. Less fruit than some Zins I've been drinking, and a bit dryer , with less upfront fruit. I have no real bases to rate wines, other than what I like, and I really like this one. I'm sure it will get better sitting for a few months or years. Would I buy it again? Absolutely! Will I open another bottle before its really ready? Possibly, but only for, (ahem) research purposes. Compared to other $9 Zins I've had of late? No real contest against supermarket Zins. I've been having a few bottles or Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zin that I love, but this is something, at least right now, that I think is totally different.
Beswick

Kevin N

#653 Post by Kevin N »

Hi everyone,

It's probably been 5 years since I opened my account here and/or posted. Came to look at the de Negoce stuff and see what people thought about the bottlings I'd purchased. All of the talk about #17 made me curious.

Open one yesterday and decanted for a few hours. My wife and I really enjoyed it. We liked the bigger tannins and acidity with the hint of earthy notes without overpowering the fruit. I don't care what the price is at the vineyard or retail. At $14/bottle I'd buy again for sure.

The only other one we've opened is the #23 Carneros Chardonnay. Fruity, light, floral and really good for $9/bottle.
Nieminen

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#654 Post by Jay $$ Winton »

108 much improved on day 2. GD and then a great Roy Hargrove show. All good
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

P@u1_M3nk3s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#655 Post by P@u1_M3nk3s »

Michael Singsen wrote: December 10th, 2020, 7:21 pm Over two nights, despite all the warnings to wait, since it was one of the earliest bottlings of the DeN Cabs we've bought, we polished off a #39 Cab, rumored to be Montelena. I'm no somm, and won't try to pretend, but we liked it even if we weren't overwhelmed by any of it. For me, the oak (or is it the tannins?) were front and center combined with a leathery dark fruity but not fruit bombish presentation. Delicious, in a word. It really didn't have much aroma, maybe that is something that develops over time. The finish lingered but not for long. Not hot. Not peppery or spicy. Good for sipping, nice with a steak on the first night, not so much with the stir fry on night two. Since I'm not at all clear on what to expect will happen with a cab like this over the next few years, I cannot predict the future. What should I expect?
Michael,
Nice TN! I have a few #39 as well. Based on your TN and belief this is sourced from C.M, I would expect this to present nicely at all points for the next 20 years or so. Even if not Montelena, sounds good.
Cheers,
Paul

Henry Ip

#656 Post by Henry Ip »

Popped an no.81 atlas bench cab today. Decanted for 3.5hrs before giving it's first taste. Will give it another taste later tonight and hopefully finish it by Tuesday.

Don't have a lot of high end Napa cab experience but this is way better than any $30-50 cabs I've had. No complaints from me as I'm quite impressed with the quality of the juice even at this early stage. I believe it was bottled on Nov 11 according to the description.

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... 94e7&_ss=r

Not going to give tasting notes but it's pretty in line with the description. Only thing is not much on the nose, no perfume, a bit muted on the mid palate and short finish.

Would love to hear what others think about this wine who have more experience than me.

rsmithjr

#657 Post by rsmithjr »

Going to open # 46 tonite. Will decant for an hour. Going to have with burgers.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#658 Post by Bdklein »

I tried the N41. Seemed very tight/peppery. Not a lot of fruit . Will revisit tomorrow.
Bruce Klein

rsmithjr

#659 Post by rsmithjr »

46 was very purple. Indistinct black and red fruits. Tannic, very primary still. Lots of fleshiness. will try some more on Sunday.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#660 Post by Bdklein »

Bdklein wrote: December 12th, 2020, 6:59 pm I tried the N41. Seemed very tight/peppery. Not a lot of fruit . Will revisit tomorrow.
Much better today . Good wine for the price
Bruce Klein

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#661 Post by John O' »

#4 Merlot is really freaking good. That is all. Thank You.
O Sullivan

rsmithjr

#662 Post by rsmithjr »

# 34 Merlot is really coming around. Much more defined, enjoyable.

jond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#663 Post by jond »

Enjoyed a N.39 last night. Agree with the comments above that this one tastes like it's designed for age.

CT note:

2018 de Négoce Cabernet Sauvignon OG N.39 - USA, California, Napa Valley, Calistoga (12/17/2020)
Another one that’s clearly a step up from supermarket wine, and has potential to grow into it’s supposed $60 winery price tag, though it’s not quite there yet.

Bright, acidic, and medium-bodied (aka light for a Napa Cab). Tannins are still a little coarse right now, and stylistically this one seems designed to age. Dusty black cherry from front to back. Old school Napa Cab style. Low-ish alcohol at 13.7%.

This would be hard to pin down in a blind tasting; the profile is more Bedrock than Robert Parker. (90 pts.)
@ h 1

Toby P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#664 Post by Toby P »

Toby P wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:08 am Have tried 5 DNs so far: #8 (Veeder Cab), 15 (Merlot), 16 (Sauv Blanc), 25 (Spring Mtn Cab) 36 (Pride Chard). I'm a "casual" drinker so probably meaningless for the aficionados here (and no way I can do tasting notes), but we've really enjoyed all of them, exceptional value. The whites are probably easier to recognize as awesome value right now, both drank beautifully and a clear step above our typical $10-20 whites. The reds are a bit tougher at this phase but we thoroughly enjoyed #8 and #15. But #25, opened last night for 1 glass, was the real standout to me - thought it drank like >$50 cab, albeit again it's super young and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Will see how it fares on night 2 tonight.
Have since tried #21 Atlas Peak (likely Robert Craig), similarly enjoyed very much but did feel young. Had a second #16 SB and #55 Rose, both terrific.

Last 2 nights I drank my first #49 Alexander Valley Cabernet (likely Medlock Ames), opened same day it arrived. Bought it on Black Friday thinking I wanted something for a daily drinker that might need less age. I think it's pretty easily the best <$15 cabernet I've had, and would easily stand up to most of the $25-35 cabs I've had. Great value at $10 (and with BF free shipping, absurd). Cam described it as "fairly right-up-the-middle" which I think makes sense (again, don't know what I'm talking about)...just a very drinkable, crowd-pleasing wine. That might mean it appeals more to folks like me (and my wife, who loved it) than those here who have more refined / nuanced palates, so take it fwiw.
P r a t t

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#665 Post by Eric White »

Right now - No. 9, Carmel Valley Pinot Noir. This has been drinking great from day one, and continues to do so. I don't find it overly complex, but really enjoyable and great to have such an accessible early drinker.

Tyler F.

#666 Post by Tyler F. »

Cameron Hughes wrote: December 9th, 2020, 2:01 pm
Tyler F. wrote: December 7th, 2020, 6:37 pm Tried the OG N.37 Viogner tonight because I was skeptical of all the negative reviews on it. I let it air out for 30 mins and poured myself a glass. While I would not call it offensive, even if it was free, I would certainly pass. Quite a disappointment with this one and to think I have 11 remaining bottles. I guess this one gets relegated to cooking wine (I'll apologize to the pasta and chicken in advance).
This wine is going to be the DN sleeper. I cracked one an hour or so ago and, sure enough, its reductive as hell. Here's what you do...pour out about 3 or 4 ounces, re-cork and give it a good shake. Take the cork out, blow in the bottle and then re-cork and shake again. Do this a couple times and then re-cork and let it sit for an hour. It'll still have plenty of baby fat on it (as do all the wines from the top of the Mayacamas) but you'll see the beauty start to emerge. Orange marmalade and pretty minerality are there...just largely hidden away for now. I'll report back what I see in the morning too...
I followed your instructions and tracked this bottle over 3 days. It shed some of its baby fat, but by day 2, no depth or complexity developed. Tried again on day 3 and the wine basically fell flat. It paired very well with the lemon juice, garlic, and butter bath it went into. But as for drinking, not even sure I feel comfortable giving these out for gifts.
Tyler Fabian

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#667 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

Wife opened No. 20 while I was away at work, so I’m getting a glass on day 3.

I like it, a bit spicy on the finish for Cabernet. Pinch of Syrah there maybe? Nice deep nose, taste kind of all over the place but not unpleasant. It’s crazy young but I can see this being quite nice in 3-5 years.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

rsmithjr

#668 Post by rsmithjr »

I opened a # 41 last night, decant and PNp. iT is vry tight, very primary. Has the stuffing I think but way to young to review. It is not a milkshake IMHO.

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#669 Post by Luca Giupponi »

Just opened a #16 Sauvignon Blanc. I’m going against the grain on this one and say it tastes like a $12 Costco wine. Not bad for a daily drinker but nothing special about it. Would not buy again and would definitely not buy a case based on my first bottle. I had a $30 Massican SB at thanksgiving that was leagues better than this one.

R Scott Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#670 Post by R Scott Hughes »

lucagiupponi wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Just opened a #16 Sauvignon Blanc. I’m going against the grain on this one and say it tastes like a $12 Costco wine. Not bad for a daily drinker but nothing special about it. Would not buy again and would definitely not buy a case based on my first bottle. I had a $30 Massican SB at thanksgiving that was leagues better than this one.
Be careful Luca, you might get the Costco fans up in arms! Setting that aside, honest feedback, good or bad, is very much appreciated. Thank you!
R 0 L A N D

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#671 Post by Luca Giupponi »

R Scott Hughes wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:57 pm Be careful Luca, you might get the Costco fans up in arms!
Haha hey, there is a time and place for Costco purchases and I am definitely not above those! [cheers.gif]

David Buck

#672 Post by David Buck »

Have tried both the higher end Pinots - 19 and 48....Happy with both purchases.

48 - Wow easy drinker. Quaffer. Agree with the cyclists as great sipping wine. Really liked 48...

19 - Definitely noticed the ripeness that people said. I am not expert. I think someone says decant it. Gonna decant more next bottle. Still good. Are the experts holding this for a year?

Still haven't tried any of the high end cabs I have. 20-21-25-29-42-40-59-78..lol. Seems every one of them needs time from reviews. 25 or 40 look like they doable with 4 hour decant. Will try in January.

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#673 Post by tpetty »

Only cab I've opened was 15 - it was middling. Tasted like a $20 California cab.
T *** P e t t y

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#674 Post by MatthewT »

tpetty wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:39 am Only cab I've opened was 15 - it was middling. Tasted like a $20 California cab.
15 was a cheaper merlot
I'm a Turk

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#675 Post by tpetty »

oh, then it was the 17. I have opened both.
T *** P e t t y

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#676 Post by Mike R »

Opened the N24 Pinot right off the truck. This is very earthy, with cherry and strawberry on the nose. Quite tart and really funky with integrated tannins, the primary flavor is earthiness, mushrooms, and red fruit. Not a big fan of this one; would not buy it again.
... 0 p 3 r

michael_holmstrom

#677 Post by michael_holmstrom »

Drinking De Negoce No. 70 B Clone, Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, Willamette Valley, Oregon. This is more racy and acidic than the D blend and not quite ready for consumption in my opinion. Still a fine wine, just not quite integrated yet like the D blend. Not even approachable on night one, better on night two but still needs 3-6 months in bottle imo. That said, very much Burgundian in style. Bright red fruits with great mouthwatering acidity.

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#678 Post by Mike R »

Tried the N23 yesterday as well. Unlike N24, which is from the same producer, I found this to be quite nice. I don’t really have any tasting notes, but would definitely pick up another case of this if it became available, and wouldn’t be unhappy if I had paid $20-$30 a bottle.
... 0 p 3 r

Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#679 Post by Chris Johnson »

Popped an 18 (Malbec) last night. Blackberry, plums, tobacco/bay leaf thing, and a fair amount of cocoa. Still needs some time to stitch together some, but for 16/ bottle after shipping I am pretty happy with it. I tasted a couple of Malbecs from Stags Leap AVA during our trip over the summer and this was inline with what we tasted.

Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#680 Post by Abbie S. »

jordan jacobs wrote: December 6th, 2020, 8:30 pm 2017 Pinot # 7
Really impressed. Every bit of a 90+ point young domestic Pinot. Drank well above a $30 price point.
I agree! I'm really happy with this wine. My favorite of the 3 cases that I bought. The other 2 (#2, #40) need a few years.
salovon

Kyle S chaffer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#681 Post by Kyle S chaffer »

I opened my first two - exciting times, after so many purchases.... SB 16 and Pinot 70A. Both were good, not great- perfectly servicable and will be good cellar defenders. Probably a case of expectations too high and not fair to the wines. As many have discussed above, it boils down to preference and perceived value. There are killer pinots for $40 that I'd prefer to drink than the 70A, even at $15 or whatever it was. If I had a more limited wine budget or drank a lot more wine, I might see it differently.

rsmithjr

#682 Post by rsmithjr »

Decanted a bottle of 68 for an 1 1/2 hr- rebottled. will try it tonite....

Scott K

#683 Post by Scott K »

Kyle S chaffer wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 2:30 pm I opened my first two - exciting times, after so many purchases.... SB 16 and Pinot 70A. Both were good, not great- perfectly servicable and will be good cellar defenders. Probably a case of expectations too high and not fair to the wines. As many have discussed above, it boils down to preference and perceived value. There are killer pinots for $40 that I'd prefer to drink than the 70A, even at $15 or whatever it was. If I had a more limited wine budget or drank a lot more wine, I might see it differently.
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to compare, say the 70a to other 2019 Oregon pinots. At $65-85, if they don’t compare with those of a similar or lower price point, that should be noted even if worth the price paid. Now, if your $40 Pinot is aged 5 or 10 years, that’s not really an apples to apples comparison.
K @ m p E l

Kevin B

#684 Post by Kevin B »

Opened a De Negoce, OG N.43 2018 Napa (Oakville/St. Helena) last night. I'm not real familiar with Napa Cabs, But here goes anyway. Decanted and drunk over about 4 hours. Aroma of some kind of fruit that I could not identify, along with the earthiness noted in the description in the offering. Seemed to have quite a bit of tannin, at least much more than I am generally used to. It also was very drinkable, which seems to me to be a bit of a contradiction, but there it is. It seemed to me to be medium to heavy bodied with a very smooth mouth feel. I can't compare it to any Cab I have had recently, although it seemed to remind me a little of a very good Merlot I had a few months back, although much more tannic. In all, I enjoyed it, but I expect it needs a year or two. I've got plenty of others to drink in the meantime.
Beswick

Tyler F.

#685 Post by Tyler F. »

I opened two bottles last night, OG N.32 and OG N.41.

The OG N.41 was more plush and fruit forward, leaning on dark blue fruits and reminiscent of blueberry cobbler. Tannins were chalky and drying after an hour in the decanter, but evolved nicely over the next few hours. I enjoyed 41 and would put it up against plenty of other $50 cabs. 87pts now, with potential of a few more points after more time in the cellar.

The OG N.32 was more refined and tightly wound out of the bottle. Fruit did not dominate and I found a touch of pepper and oak on the mid-palate. Given how tight it was out of the bottle, I was surprised at how balanced the wine was with only a 30 min decant. Acidity was in check and certainly loosened up over the course of 2 hours. 85pts now, but not sure how much additional upside there is on this one.
Last edited by Tyler F. on January 3rd, 2021, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler Fabian

G. D y e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#686 Post by G. D y e r »

Scott K wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:26 am
Kyle S chaffer wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 2:30 pm I opened my first two - exciting times, after so many purchases.... SB 16 and Pinot 70A. Both were good, not great- perfectly servicable and will be good cellar defenders. Probably a case of expectations too high and not fair to the wines. As many have discussed above, it boils down to preference and perceived value. There are killer pinots for $40 that I'd prefer to drink than the 70A, even at $15 or whatever it was. If I had a more limited wine budget or drank a lot more wine, I might see it differently.
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to compare, say the 70a to other 2019 Oregon pinots. At $65-85, if they don’t compare with those of a similar or lower price point, that should be noted even if worth the price paid. Now, if your $40 Pinot is aged 5 or 10 years, that’s not really an apples to apples comparison.
On the subject of the n.70 A/B/C/D, the labelled ABV was an identical 14.2% on all four variants, which is about a degree higher than what was listed in the offer. Have others noticed this as well?

I'm not losing sleep over ABV in a $15 PN, but this is a curiosity.
Greg

In that way, he is like cornerback Darrelle Revis, deserving of his own island, Mangold Island, if you will. “That would be a rusty, filthy island where people wear ripped jeans and stay in hotel rooms that are half price,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “But they would serve wine, and only the finest for Nick Mangold.”

Adam Piper

#687 Post by Adam Piper »

I’m about to bring a few to the in-laws for Christmas weekend.

My F-I-L only drinks Pinots.

I don’t think the 70A-D and the 65 are ready yet after reading recent posts and my opening of a OG65 last week.

I am going to bring some 19 and 24. I prefer the 24 and think the 19 still needs a few months along with some CH677, 678, since I have 1 cases stored and the 677 is drinking amazing right now.

I am having serious FOMO on the 7 and 9.

I’ll let everyone know how the 24 goes over.

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#688 Post by L Harris »

Had 70-D with Turkey dinner tonight and it went really well. Will certainly continue to improve and is better with food at the moment but very pleased with it.
L u k e

DaveStandridge
GCC Member
GCC Member

#689 Post by DaveStandridge »

Adam Piper wrote: December 25th, 2020, 8:53 am I am having serious FOMO on the 7 and 9.
I bought the 7 and am enjoying them but would be happy to share a couple bottles so you can try it. PM me if you want, no worries either way. [cheers.gif]

Kevin B

#690 Post by Kevin B »

Opened a bottle of OG N.109 2018 Fair Play District (El Dorado County) Syrah last night. I had put the bottle in my car to take to a family get together on Christmas day that got postponed, and finally cancelled. No chance of freezing, but the bottle was probably around 40 degrees when I retrieved it. I spent about an hour nursing a glass as it warmed up. It has a flowery nose, as the notes say. I wouldn't call it lilac, but very pleasant. Really fresh and bright taste, with the tannins more pronounced as it warmed. Medium bodied and medium color. Not overpowering, but a fantastic daily drinker that I would say I liked more than just about anything I have bought locally in the $20 and under range. If I wasn't totally out of room I'd be getting another case.
Beswick

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#691 Post by MatthewT »

Kevin B wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:24 am Opened a bottle of OG N.109 2018 Fair Play District (El Dorado County) Syrah last night. I had put the bottle in my car to take to a family get together on Christmas day that got postponed, and finally cancelled. No chance of freezing, but the bottle was probably around 40 degrees when I retrieved it. I spent about an hour nursing a glass as it warmed up. It has a flowery nose, as the notes say. I wouldn't call it lilac, but very pleasant. Really fresh and bright taste, with the tannins more pronounced as it warmed. Medium bodied and medium color. Not overpowering, but a fantastic daily drinker that I would say I liked more than just about anything I have bought locally in the $20 and under range. If I wasn't totally out of room I'd be getting another case.
I had this last night. Was thoroughly impressed for $9, SHIPPED! Got it for my Dad on Black Friday sale.
I'm a Turk

Jdbramm
GCC Member
GCC Member

#692 Post by Jdbramm »

I opened our first bottle of OG#40 last night with a Prime NY strip. It seemed in-line with the other reviews. After a 1 hour decant it was well balanced if not a little muted. Oak was present but not overwhelming, which we appreciated. It was only after dinner that the wine showed more brightness and acidity. We enjoyed this wine and are excited to have more! Will definitely wait a year before revisiting.
Jonath@n

Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#693 Post by Stephen Faulkner »

First bottle of the N.26 chardonnay and it was a home run. Great fruit with pear/apple/butterscotch notes and crisp acidity; well-made with nice balance boding well for further development. I don't drink a lot of chardonnay, so scored the hoped for great qpr on this one.

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#694 Post by Eric White »

No 108 Zin - wait, not ready yet. Give it a month or two.

Chris Crutchfield

#695 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

N.69 Merlot (supposedly Pride): Very good. Despite the high alcohol, it's balanced by great acidity. I think this one will be a winner, and makes me regret passing on N.68.

N.72 Cabernet Sauvignon (supposedly Dehlinger): Very not good. Purple, grapey, very primary, simple, lacking in acid. You could blame this on bottle shock, but this was bottled the exact same day as N.69 above.

jond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#696 Post by jond »

• 2018 de Négoce Cabernet Sauvignon OG N.42 - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (12/30/2020)
    Really enjoyed this one. Leads with ripe fruit, but not in a cloying or overbearing way, and is supported by a firm structure that makes it more elegant than big. Good balance between elegant and ripe.

Good now. Drink on its own or with food, but maybe not something over-rich - this isn’t really a traditional “steak” Cabernet.

Black cherry. Something almost candied on the nose - but in spite of that, overall not over-ripe. Ends herbal and brambly. Sour in a pleasant way.
@ h 1

rsmithjr

#697 Post by rsmithjr »

#68 was really nice on December 23rd. It had a 24hr decant for 2 hours the day before. Wine was very nice, good depth and complexity.

I highly recommend the 2 hour decant the day before then rebottle the wine for ANY of the DeNegoce

Kevin B

#698 Post by Kevin B »

Had a couple of glasses of OG N.16 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc last night. I'm not a huge fan of white wines, but I do drink them on occasion. SB is probably my favorite, and this is the best SB I've had that I can remember. Lots of fruit, more complex for lack of a better descriptor, and without the bitter taste at the back end that a noted in the last SB I had. This will be a huge winner in the hot Georgia summertime. Would definitely be in for another case if it comes up again.
Beswick

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#699 Post by Mike R »

Mike R wrote: December 19th, 2020, 12:22 pm Opened the N24 Pinot right off the truck. This is very earthy, with cherry and strawberry on the nose. Quite tart and really funky with integrated tannins, the primary flavor is earthiness, mushrooms, and red fruit. Not a big fan of this one; would not buy it again.
I read this note and was thinking to myself "I completely agree with this and had the exact same experience with No. 24!" Then I realized I wrote it [highfive.gif] [oops.gif]
... 0 p 3 r

DavidR

#700 Post by DavidR »

Opened #51 Cab Franc last night. It was good but not remarkable. I still haven't quite figured these wines out yet. They are good but I have not gotten a wow factor from any of them yet. They all taste just a bit "dead" with very little aromatics. I hope time will do the trick because there does see m to be some good stuff hiding in there somewhere.
R e i d

Return to “Wine Talk”