What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
rsmithjr

Re: What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

#1051 Post by rsmithjr »

P@squ@le A wrote: April 17th, 2021, 5:14 pm Any recommendations on which of the following are drinking well now 2, 8, 21, or 40?
Was leaning towards #2 as it is 2017, but not many current/strong drinking notes on CT.
Broke out #8 last fall, but too early with oak dominating and hints of vanilla, figured wait 1 year post bottling before cracking open another of those.
TIA.
# 8 is coming around but a 4 hour decant is good...
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1052 Post by L Harris »

rsmithjr wrote: April 18th, 2021, 6:20 am #8 mt. Veeder. This wine is developing smoothly and takes about 3-4 hours of decant to really show its stuff. The oak is mellowing a bit, blueberry pie is very prominent
Couldn’t agree more. Did a tasting last night with some family friends. Decanted n.08 at 930am for tasting at 530pm. Was beautiful by the time we had it. Then went great with beef Wellington for dinner.

Also for the tasting we opened N.16, N.63, N.77, N.48 and N.61 - have to say all were excellent and folks with very discerning palettes were highly impressed. N.48 was probably the overall favorite. Don’t have detailed tasting notes I’m afraid but just to say all are drinking very well right now.
L u k e

Donald G

#1053 Post by Donald G »

#139. It was bottled December 18. It has had 4 months to unwind. A month more may be all it needed to come to be the wine I drank. Cam did comment that it may not be a consistent unwinding. it may go down hill again. I am just opening one bottle from each case to see how they are. I did not touch any of the Napa Cabs. For those I will wait at least a year since bottling and hope for enough patience to wait longer.
G o l d s o b e l

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1054 Post by John O' »

Purchased De Negoce 87 Petit Verdot for wifey. Was expecting very little and was pleasantly surprised. An obviously well made wine and definitely the first quality PV I've had. I could be a convert.
O Sullivan

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1055 Post by Kevin Patrick »

Kevin Patrick wrote: April 17th, 2021, 3:45 pm OG 66 -- one glass and then recorked and recellared

Checking in 5 weeks after last tasting. Bottled 6 months and one week prior. Slo-ox for 30 min before sampling (should have decanted per prior notes but wasn't thinking). The wine starts out a bit underwhelming but showing promise based on the strength of flavors and fulsome mouthfeel. Opened up over the next 30 minutes in the glass into an OK wine. Earthy nose of dry leaves and raspberries. On the palate medium but solid body reveals notes of plums and light black raspberries with enjoyable minerality ("chalky tannins" is very accurate). Lots of potential in this wine so I recorked the bottle and will check back tomorrow. Based on this experiences I would wait another month or two before checking back in.
Much better on day 2: Muted but somewhat fragrant nose of blackberries. Soft and plush on the mouthfeel with jammy blueberries and blackberry flavors. Decent minerality in this somewhat simple but pleasant wine that only suffers from being opened a couple months too soon.

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1056 Post by John O' »

John O' wrote: April 18th, 2021, 1:42 pm Purchased De Negoce 87 Petit Verdot for wifey. Was expecting very little and was pleasantly surprised. An obviously well made wine and definitely the first quality PV I've had. I could be a convert.
2 nights in a row for PV # 87. Very pleased w/ the purchase
O Sullivan

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1057 Post by Eric White »

N.121, Knights Valley Sauv. Blanc - Cam's description is spot on, loads of melon on this, tropical fruit, bracing acidity, refreshing and delish!

Donald G

#1058 Post by Donald G »

104 Petit Verdot. When I first opened the bottle it was awful.. The tannins were like a rasp file. It took three days for it to mellow to drinkable. I imagine if I have patience, like another year, it may prove its worth. This was my only disappointment so far.
G o l d s o b e l

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1059 Post by Nate Simon »

#135 Carignan is shaping up nicely. This has potential to be a crazy QPR. Needs some air right now. Bright red fruit, a faint tannic pull. Good case buy at the price.

Kevin B

#1060 Post by Kevin B »

Just had a 135. decanted for about an hour. Didn't get much tannin, but a wonderful scent of of violets and dusky fruit. One of the best of the dn wines I've had. My wife, who is not a big wine fan, said "I like this."
Last edited by Kevin B on April 20th, 2021, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beswick

Jonah P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1061 Post by Jonah P »

Thank you all for the notes. I've taken a break while I wait for everything to enter it's drinking window, but most importantly, I bought these to share with friends and they aren't around that much. When is the first WB virtual DN super tasting? If it's already been planned, please forgive me, but I think it needs to happen. Ideally, Cam would recommend 6-12 wines that he thinks are ready and he should join the fun. If we're on our own I think we can come up with the right wines to drink. I'd get 6 or so folks here and I bet we could have enough satellites to make it festive. I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use a party, even if it's huddled around the TV.
J o n a h P e t c h e s k y

Donald G

#1062 Post by Donald G »

A virtual/Zoom wine tasting sounds like something custom made for a group so spread out and diverse. I would find more knowledgeable opinions very educational...add to my enjoyment of my purchases.
G o l d s o b e l

rsmithjr

#1063 Post by rsmithjr »

Popped a #19 santa cruz pinot at the end of the nite. This wine is ok but does not wow me . 87 points
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

David Buck

#1064 Post by David Buck »

rsmithjr wrote: April 20th, 2021, 5:30 am Popped a #19 santa cruz pinot at the end of the nite. This wine is ok but does not wow me . 87 points
Yeah...very ripe...More time as they say? 2022??

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1065 Post by Eric White »

N. 12 Chardonnay - this wine has come a very long way since I first tasted it (and I was behind many of you, heeding your warnings). Very fleshy, very round, great nose, integrated, in a really good place now.

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1066 Post by Kevin Patrick »

OG 70B -- another fine showing. 7 months post bottling.

Pop-n-pour. Somewhat sharp nose of raspberries and cherries. Smooth on the palate, this was a tasty wine of slightly candied cherries. A pleasant experience. A simple wine but a solid crowd pleaser.

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1067 Post by MatthewT »

Had a #8 last night and it's drinking wonderfully.
I'm a Turk

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1068 Post by L Harris »

MatthewT wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:09 am Had a #8 last night and it's drinking wonderfully.
Did you decant and if so for how long? We did an 8 hour decant last weekend but would like to know if that was fully necessary. Thanks!
L u k e

Benjg

#1069 Post by Benjg »

Opened a#133 Oregon Chardonnay today and it’s tasting great! I have been been very impressed with the Chardonnay’s I’ve bought (23,133,144).
B e n G @ t h

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1070 Post by tpetty »

Just downed a #68. I believe Pride Mountain was the best guess for this mountain cab, retail mentioned around $80.

Really nice. Not super complex, but very smooth, integrated tannins - and that is what my wife loves. While she gives me a hard time about my 30+ cases - she would be happy with A LOT of this one.
T o d d P

JonathanG
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#1071 Post by JonathanG »

David Buck wrote: April 20th, 2021, 4:45 pm
rsmithjr wrote: April 20th, 2021, 5:30 am Popped a #19 santa cruz pinot at the end of the nite. This wine is ok but does not wow me . 87 points
didn't think that time could cure over-ripeness...
J0|\|@+h@|\| Gr@h/\/\/-\|\||\|

Bill Sweeney
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1072 Post by Bill Sweeney »

JonathanG wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 9:07 pm
I like this Pinot, but I think it won’t improve with time. To me it is a Beaujolais style pinot, and I really like it’s flavor. But it isn’t in any normal way a great Pinot.

timmy roos
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1073 Post by timmy roos »

L Harris wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:42 pm
MatthewT wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:09 am Had a #8 last night and it's drinking wonderfully.
Did you decant and if so for how long? We did an 8 hour decant last weekend but would like to know if that was fully necessary. Thanks!
We had a #8 Sunday. I opened 5 hours before no decant and it is in a good place
Things are getting funny these day

G. D y e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1074 Post by G. D y e r »

Bill Sweeney wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:43 am

I like this Pinot, but I think it won’t improve with time. To me it is a Beaujolais style pinot, and I really like it’s flavor. But it isn’t in any normal way a great Pinot.
I have a similar view--I call it a Grenache-style Pinot. A bit riper, less complex, mostly red fruit driven, balanced. For me a good value sub-$15. Generally not going to find a wine that checks all the Pinot boxes at this price, and of the potential trade offs (e.g. high acidity, weird oak, chemically finish, tastes like Cab, no aromas), this one hits the sweet spot for me.
Greg

In that way, he is like cornerback Darrelle Revis, deserving of his own island, Mangold Island, if you will. “That would be a rusty, filthy island where people wear ripped jeans and stay in hotel rooms that are half price,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “But they would serve wine, and only the finest for Nick Mangold.”

Donald G

#1075 Post by Donald G »

OG 114 Fair Play Tempranillo. On opening it is tight and harsh. I decanted it for about an hour and it started to open and calm down. Nose is mineral, woody. In the mouth before it gets to where you can taste the tannins, it has nice fruit. Not a hint of sweet. I put most of the bottle in the fridge in a plastic drinking bottle, no air in the bottle.Let's see how it does on Saturday. I intend a 4 hour decant. it may need another year to come together. Anyone else tried 114?
G o l d s o b e l

David Buck

#1076 Post by David Buck »

Bill Sweeney wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:43 am

Thanks for holding advice. Still think i am going to leave #19 on bottom shelf of cooler till 2022. Cam did say "Will age beautifully for 10+ years.". Got 48 and 70 to polish off first...

Kevin N

#1077 Post by Kevin N »

I popped a #133 Chardonnay last night out of sheer curiosity. I was very excited purchasing this one and it didn't disappoint. It's a very lemon and mineral forward chardonnay. This has very few sweet melon type of notes. I'm no expert on white wines in general, so my basis for comparison is limited, but this was unlike any other white I've tasted. That said, my wife and I enjoyed it and we're looking forward to see how it rounds out with more time that just 3 weeks in the bottle.
Nieminen

Donald G

#1078 Post by Donald G »

136 Adelaida Syrah.Second bottle . I decanted it for 4 hours. Too long. I tasted it when opened and after an hour. An hour or so would have been fine. After 4 hours it had lost some of its vigor. it is a big and bold, fruity and smooth Syrah.
G o l d s o b e l

joe d.

#1079 Post by joe d. »

I have Cabs #30,43,44 and 66 and would like to try 2 next weekend, any suggestions on which 2. Thanks
D0N0FR!0

loren.grossman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#1080 Post by loren.grossman »

I too popped an OG 133 Chardonnay and have to admit I was very impressed. Lovely, floral notes of oleander and orange blossom, marzipan, white pear and lemon curd. The palate is bright but generous and offers minerals and citrus as well as very good balance and energy front to back. Blind? I’m guessing Mersault, perhaps Henri Boillot. I can’t remember what I paid for this wine but whatever it was is crazy for what this wine offers. Winner.
Last edited by loren.grossman on April 25th, 2021, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1081 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Joe D:
While I have not tried any of those listed, did recall Cameron stating 66 was still pretty backward and tight. CT notes on 43 & 44 look favorable.

Cheers, Tim

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1082 Post by Mike R »

Had a 133 - it’s awesome. Almost all of the Chard I’ve gotten from DN has been awesome (didn’t really care for 144 or 12).
... 0 p 3 r

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1083 Post by Kevin Patrick »

joe d. wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:59 am I have Cabs #30,43,44 and 66 and would like to try 2 next weekend, any suggestions on which 2. Thanks
I would definitely wait on #66. I think it is a real quality wine but it's simply not ready in my experience.

Here is my note from one week ago:
  • 2018 de Négoce Cabernet Sauvignon OG N.66 - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/17/2021)
    Checking in 5 weeks after last tasting. Bottled 6 months and one week prior. Slo-ox for 30 min before sampling (should have decanted per prior notes but wasn't thinking). The wine starts out a bit underwhelming but showing promise based on the strength of flavors and fulsome mouthfeel. Opened up over the next 30 minutes in the glass into an OK wine. Earthy nose of dry leaves and raspberries. On the palate medium but solid body reveals notes of plums and light black raspberries with enjoyable
    minerality ("chalky tannins" is very accurate). Lots of potential in this wine so I recorked the bottle and will check back tomorrow. Based on this experiences I would wait another month or two before checking back in.
    Day 2: Muted but somewhat fragrant nose of blackberries. Soft and plush on the mouthfeel with jammy blueberries and blackberry flavors. Decent minerality in this somewhat simple but pleasant wine that only suffers from being opened a couple months too soon. (87 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

Kevin N

#1084 Post by Kevin N »

loren.grossman wrote: April 25th, 2021, 12:11 pm I too popped an OG 133 Chardonnay and have to admit I was very impressed. Lovely, floral notes of oleander and orange blossom, marzipan, white pear and lemon curd. The palate is bright but generous and offers minerals and citrus as well as very good balance and energy front to back. Blind? I’m guessing Mersault, perhaps Henri Boillot. I can’t remember what I paid for this wine but whatever it was is crazy for what this wine offers. Winner.

It was $15+ shipping/tax. Came out around just over $18. It's one of my favorites so far.
Nieminen

Kevin N

#1085 Post by Kevin N »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: April 25th, 2021, 12:17 pm Joe D:
While I have not tried any of those listed, did recall Cameron stating 66 was still pretty backward and tight. CT notes on 43 & 44 look favorable.

Cheers, Tim
I had a #43 a while back. And while I can't remember any specifics on it, I do recall enjoying it quite a bit.
Nieminen

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1086 Post by Eric White »

Mike R wrote: April 25th, 2021, 2:07 pm Had a 133 - it’s awesome. Almost all of the Chard I’ve gotten from DN has been awesome (didn’t really care for 144 or 12).
you may want to revisit 12, it's come a very long way since the early days

Richard Jen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1087 Post by Richard Jen »

OG N.16 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc with tuna and yellowtail hamachi sashimi (with soy sauce and sesame oil) tonight. Worked out pretty well.
[cheers.gif]

MJSPollock

#1088 Post by MJSPollock »

OG N. 148 Sierra Foothills Cab/Syrah blend. I was a bit hesitant to open this given that it's a 2019 but decided to give a test. This couldn't have been described better than Cam did as "liquid silk". While not the most complex wine with a bunch of structure that would make you sit and think about it this is the quintessential "cellar defender" every night drinker that anyone could enjoy. A good amount of dark fruit, some light minerality with easy tannins and a surprisingly long cocoa slightly sweet finish. At $10 a bottle this is a super great QPR and will be even better with a little time in bottle/cellar. This one is so good for an every night wine that I'm probably going to get a second case.
M I c h a e l

Craig Pichette
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1089 Post by Craig Pichette »

Popped the 128 2019 Oregon Chardonnay last night. I really don't care for much Chard outside of Chablis, but this was an outstanding wine. I bought it to have a Chard to pour at parties, but it was outperforms expectations. Lean, a touch of orange peel and lemon. Nice acid with a balanced mouthfeel. A huge value.

Geoffpm2

#1090 Post by Geoffpm2 »

Opened a 115 Carneros Rose 2019. Nice nose of strawberries and cranberries but the taste, mouthfeel are very curt with little depth. At 10.4%, this is not a porch sipper in warm weather. Definitely a food wine since the acid level is high. I drank it with Turkey/Ricotta meatballs with Ras El Hanout spices that countered the high acid.

I have to admit that I was not wowed by this wine and I can find equal Roses at this price point that are more fun. Perhaps, since I am a Tavel and Languedoc Rose Geek indicates why I was disappointed.
M i l l e r

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1091 Post by Mike R »

Eric White wrote: April 25th, 2021, 4:59 pm
Mike R wrote: April 25th, 2021, 2:07 pm Had a 133 - it’s awesome. Almost all of the Chard I’ve gotten from DN has been awesome (didn’t really care for 144 or 12).
you may want to revisit 12, it's come a very long way since the early days
I've unfortunately given it all away or cooked with it at this point. Wish I had held onto one to try.
... 0 p 3 r

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1092 Post by Mike R »

Craig Pichette wrote: April 26th, 2021, 5:15 am Popped the 128 2019 Oregon Chardonnay last night. I really don't care for much Chard outside of Chablis, but this was an outstanding wine. I bought it to have a Chard to pour at parties, but it was outperforms expectations. Lean, a touch of orange peel and lemon. Nice acid with a balanced mouthfeel. A huge value.
Still available. Any other Chard drinkers have this and can opine on it? I have one case in storage so can't easily try it myself.
... 0 p 3 r

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1093 Post by John O' »

latest member of the 133 Chardonnay fan club
O Sullivan

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1094 Post by L Harris »

Mike R wrote: April 26th, 2021, 4:20 pm
Craig Pichette wrote: April 26th, 2021, 5:15 am Popped the 128 2019 Oregon Chardonnay last night. I really don't care for much Chard outside of Chablis, but this was an outstanding wine. I bought it to have a Chard to pour at parties, but it was outperforms expectations. Lean, a touch of orange peel and lemon. Nice acid with a balanced mouthfeel. A huge value.
Still available. Any other Chard drinkers have this and can opine on it? I have one case in storage so can't easily try it myself.
Haven’t tried the 2019 yet but a big fan of N.77 which was the 2018 version. (Bought a case of 128 too, just haven’t opened it yet)
L u k e

<hr!s.L

#1095 Post by <hr!s.L »

I always appreciate when people post their tasting notes, so I thought I should share as well. Just my two cents of course. Notes from the weekend:

Drank 134, 133 and 128 in sequence Friday evening. Followed up with 89.

N.134 2020 Lake County Sauvignon Blanc
Very tasty and enjoyable - everyone liked it. Yummy, flavorful and quaffable. A little fuller and richer than N.16 - though perhaps a touch less elegant and ethereal as well. Punching above its weight. Wish I'd bought a case.

N.133 2019 Eola Amity Hills - Willamette Chardonnay
Pop n pour. First sip, just acid and oak at the fore. Evolved swiftly in profound ways over the next 30 minutes. Oak receded, integrated nicely. Supple, vibrant, very complex with lovely fruit, ample acidity and a long finish. Excellent wine - my favorite dN white yet. Thrilled I stocked up on this one.

N.128 2019 Willamette Chardonnay
Followed 133. Just fine from the start. Notably less oak than 133, but also less complexity and oomph. Seemed a bit thin and unexciting by comparison. Still opening up and fleshing out. (Bottled 3.29.21). I love N.77 and I'm sure this one is/will be equally good. 133 however is in a different league and a tough act to follow, so I would flip the drinking order of these two or try 128 by itself next time.

N.89 2018 Walla Walla "Reserve" Cabernet Sauvignon
Humming along. Rich ripe dark fine tannins lengthy finish. Enjoyed by everyone - a low-key, easy drinking, very nice crowdpleaser. Excellent deal for $10. 

Saturday

N.144 2019 Napa Chardonnay
Decent, though sort of generic and unremarkable at this moment. A little sweet, restrained oak, a hint of the “verve” Cam mentions, a little suppleness to the body and subdued fruit. Primary and lacking complexity in these early days. It’s easy drinking though and not unpleasant. I’m hoping it will do a little unfurling with more time in the bottle (bottled 2.18.21). Drank cold in a small cheap glass which I'm guessing did the wine no favors. Next time: more bottle age, cellar temp and a better glass.

Sunday

N.50 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon
In a beautiful place right now. Aerated and decanted for 90 minutes. Delicious, balanced, ample fruit in harmony with an impressively refined structure of acid and fine mouthwatering tannins. Lengthy finish. Nice to see this wine emerging as a solid winner.
L @ n g l 0 i s

t3matta

#1096 Post by t3matta »

My No.177 Rosé arrived last week - going to pop one later this week. Has anyone given it a try yet?
T o n y

Kevin N

#1097 Post by Kevin N »

Thanks for all of the notes on N.128. I'm planning on popping one tonight or tomorrow. Sounds like it was a good buy.
Nieminen

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#1098 Post by Rodrigo B »

Cracked open 4 of the more higher end de Negoce Cabs assess them.

Decanted all of them for 2 hours and tasted them. All still super tight, let them go for 4 more hours and then tasted them. All sealed under Vinc+ corks. All really well made wines, but clearly need more time. Happy with the purchase of all of these

N.25
Initially some Deep dark red fruits and black fruits alongside some baking spices. Really in your face sinewy tannins at the start. Some peppery and green notes, likely from the Cab Franc.

I originally noted it needed A LOT of time, at least 8 years, but after more time, it opened up more and became overall less aggressive. The tannins softened a bitand became better integrated. The fruit became brighter and clearer (all still very concentrated though. Some cherries, pomegranate, blackberries and boysenberries followed by a structured mineral and herbal finish. You can probably drink this now with food, a solid 6h+ decant and if you don’t mind the tannins. Well made wine, solid purchase. I’d say revisit in 5 years with a long decant, ideally 8+

N.40
Brooding is a word that constantly kept coming up when I was tasting this, but at the begining the nose wasn’t giving me much. More red fruited than #25, with redcurrant and cassis and some floral tones. Originally the tannins felt a bit jagged and angular on the palate, but with time they rounded out more and became plusher.

With some time oak started to emerge a bit more. It helped round out the wine a bit, but it’s still a bit dominant right now. Clearly a very well made wine, but needs a lot of time. Revisit in 5-6 years.

N.46
Really Hard to analyse at first. Lots of reductive, flinty notes at the start that overwhelmed most of the nose. Even after ~2h it didn’t seem to blow off yet. Six hours in it managed to blow off thankfully.

At the start on the palate it felt like it was the better integrated wines on the palate than the others tasted, which after the longer decant I continue to stand by.

Really dark and rich. Dense and concentrated fruit. Blackberry, cassis, some earthy notes. Really lively and bright. Fine grained tannins. My favourite Cab of the four tasted.

Drinkable now with a long 6h+ decant, though as with all of these Cabs, I suspect they’ll reward those with patience more. I’m really excited to try this one in the future.

N. 47
The more floral and lifted of the wines. Red fruited, bright acidity. The most approachable of the lineup to drink at the moment.

There’s certainly a big presence at the moment (no surprise here with 75% new French oak), but it doesn’t feel overwhelming, but rather that it’s there to provide the structure for the wine. These are clearly some really quality barrels used (and I’m guessing a low to medium toast)

As it breathes, you can start picking out more of the fruit and floral elements of the wine. Black cherry, bramble, some earth and forest floor. Has some of the same high elevation mountain Cab notes of N.46, but feels more savoury. Really long 20 second+ finish with a cooling menthol note. Tough to pick between this and N.46, this is more approachable now, but N.46 has more depth and complexity currently. Both are really great.

Excited to see how all of these evolve.
B r @ g @

K Kl@dder

#1099 Post by K Kl@dder »

#18 Malbec , just not enjoying this. Just a harsh wine. Nothing stands out except the harshness. 2nd bottle we’ve tried, no improvement. Only bad buy out of the 14 cases we’ve bought. Will bury this under the others and hope it evolves into something.
K e i t h

Marjie K

#1100 Post by Marjie K »

K Kl@dder wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:05 pm #18 Malbec , just not enjoying this. Just a harsh wine. Nothing stands out except the harshness. 2nd bottle we’ve tried, no improvement. Only bad buy out of the 14 cases we’ve bought. Will bury this under the others and hope it evolves into something.
Agree, #18 Malbec was not good for me either and a disappointment. The good news is I had split that case so only had 3 to deal with. I feel similarly about #61 Zin - struggling to find anything I like about that one as well.
K r u p n i c k

Return to “Wine Talk”