ALLBAER Inaugural Release

Anyone else go in for ALLBAERs inaugural release today? Or know much more about this project?

100% Petite Sirah in 100% new oak from Paso Robles AVA.
Production volume was 99 3-pack OWC boxes.

https://www.allbaer.com/un-petit-debut-release-letter

Price per 3-pack seemed pretty reasonable, so I took a leap of faith, but interested to try.

2 Likes

Interesting, have not heard of them. Not sure I would call $75+ for a bottle of Paso Petite Syrah “reasonable”, especially since they do not appear to have a track record.

2 Likes

I think the packaging looks very cool (although, that’s maybe at the bottom of my list of priorities), although I wonder if they’re a pain to fit in a normal sized rack. I agree, $75 (with a 3 bottles minimum) for a Paso wine and winemaker with no history, track record, pedigree, or even scores that I can see seems a bit on the steep side. Does anyone know if they do tastings? I’m going to Paso for a private tasting on Sunday and wouldn’t mind checking this out.

1 Like

FYI - A new detailed and informative article on this project and winemaker

That’s a good interview and it definitely piqued my interest a bit more. However, personally, I still think that a minimum of $225 (likely plus expensive shipping) for a completely new winery and winemaker without any track record is asking for a bit bigger of a leap of faith than I prefer. I’m not in the wine business, so I’m not saying it’s not a good strategy, but I’ll at least wait for some reviews or CellarTracker reviews before spending $250ish to taste this wine.

Thanks for posting this article.

1 Like

east side paso wine for 75 a btl?
there’s just wayyy too much good stuff in and around paso at 85ish a btl to justify this.

2 Likes

Give the kid a chance , in for 3 !

1 Like

My daughter’s up in Paso. She called and said I would love it. I read the interview and I’m going to give it a try.

despite me shitting on this wine upthread, im in today for 3 grenache and 3 sangio.

In for 2 of each hoping its as good as the bottles look :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

FOMO?! Ha! No Syrah?

2 Likes

Syrah will come out in the next vintage

2 Likes

It’s out now.

1 Like

2021 vintage LĂ  Haut released yesterday. Curious if anyone has tried these?

haven’t tried this vintage, but the 2020s were extraordinary, particularly the Sangiovese. I pulled the trigger as soon as the offering came out.

Interested in these but the OP said the petie sirah was 100% new oak…which does not sound ideal to me. Sounds like peeps are digging these wines - does the oak stand out much??

1 Like

Great to know! Seems under the radar receiving rave reviews. Took a flyer on the Grenache and Syrah finally after following along but passing the last two years, now may have FOMO on the Sangiovese.

1 Like