Westgarth - anyone buy prearrivals from them...

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Jean Menwa

Westgarth - anyone buy prearrivals from them...

#1 Post by Jean Menwa »

...they show up a lot on wine-searcher (basically on everything burgundy with pre arrival). Making sure they're reliable and not the second coming of Premier Cru. Thanks.

Andrew Gold

Re: Westgarth - anyone buy prearrivals from them...

#2 Post by Andrew Gold »

Bumping this thread, anyone have experiences to share working with Westgarth?

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#3 Post by c fu »

they only sell in 6 packs.. so you should get an idea of if you want to do biz with them
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Andrew Gold

#4 Post by Andrew Gold »

Thanks Charlie, I've seen the 6/12 requirements thought there are a couple things that are still interesting to me etc. I've searched for info on here and seen a couple threads, but none seem to have info about actually working with them etc.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#5 Post by c fu »

Andrew Gold wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:13 am Thanks Charlie, I've seen the 6/12 requirements thought there are a couple things that are still interesting to me etc. I've searched for info on here and seen a couple threads, but none seem to have info about actually working with them etc.
I would not buy from them. Looks like a distributor book pull and there's small chance they'll be able to fill your order for 6 pack/12packs for sought after wines
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

MikeL238
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by MikeL238 »

I was eyeing some stuff from them as well, but was put off my 6/12 requirements and most of them being pre-arrivals.
Mike Leigh

AndyK
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by AndyK »

I'm avoiding them by principle. Every wine they list seems to be significantly more expensive than anything else available (if it's available somewhere else), sometimes by a factor of 2-3 or more. They seem to cater to a "must have it, no matter what" crowd and seem to source the wines from a distributor after the order is placed as Charlie alluded to.
k0berl

Andrew Gold

#8 Post by Andrew Gold »

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I generally avoid that style of vendor, though these folks are reputedly buying in Europe, then bringing over.

There's a couple things they have fine prices on, and that I'd like to purchase in 6/12 quantity. Would rather go with someone with the wine in hand, but I'm struggling to find any vendor that has more than 1-3 bottles, which makes shipping expensive etc. I hear your point though, if normal retailers can't get more than a couple bottles- why should Westgarth have multiple vintages in multiple sizes listed... good call there.

Joel Pulver

#9 Post by Joel Pulver »

AndyK wrote: April 7th, 2021, 12:20 pm I'm avoiding them by principle. Every wine they list seems to be significantly more expensive than anything else available (if it's available somewhere else), sometimes by a factor of 2-3 or more. They seem to cater to a "must have it, no matter what" crowd and seem to source the wines from a distributor after the order is placed as Charlie alluded to.
[winner.gif] [winner.gif] [winner.gif]

Brent S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Brent S »

Laguna Cellars we have the same questions about. Anyone know anything about them???
Last edited by Brent S on April 9th, 2021, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Br en t. Sp ren kle
Manhattan Beach, Ca

AlexanderWestgarth

#11 Post by AlexanderWestgarth »

Hello guys

Here to answer any questions you might have. How can I help?

We are a federal importer and as such not licensed to have a physical store although we are licensed to sell to the general public via the internet. To answer your questions we source all our wines in Europe and import directly. I have been in the wine industry in Europe since early 2000's so yes we access to stock other US merchant might no.

We have now been in business in for 10 years, We try to be as competitive as we can but that's not always possible. We are best priced for the higher end wines, so on the under $100 bottle range we are often not the most affordable option. 3x above market price is more than a bit of stretch..

Give us a call we would welcome a conversation with you.
Last edited by AlexanderWestgarth on April 8th, 2021, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westgarth Wines
Fine Wine Importer

Return to “Wine Talk”