TN: Bottom Feeding Spanish Wines @ Floating World...(short/boring)

Kokoman brought in three different Spanish reds from FloatingWorld:

1. DonRamon VinoTinto Barrica Dd’O: Campo de Borja (75% Grenache/25% Tempranillo; 13.5%; EB; ScopertaImports/ClevelandHeights/OH) JuanParez/Bodegas Aragonesas/Fuendejalon/Espana 2018: Med.light color; strong Am.oak/vanilla some cherry/strawberry/Grenache bit aged light dusty/OV pleasant nose; soft very strong Am.oak/vanilla light Grenache/strawberry/cherry rather mature/aged smooth/silky pleasant flavor w/ light gentle tannins; med. strong Am.oak/vanilla rather aged/mature light Temp/cherry bit strawberry/Grenache finish w/ slight tannic bite; a pleasant enough fully mature/aged Spanish red but not very interesting. $10.00 (KK)

1. MosenCleto Crianza RW Dd’O: Campo de Borja (13.5%; 75% Grenache/25% Tempranillo; EB) 2016: Med.color; some Am.oak/vanilla pleasant cherry/strawberry/Grenache some dusty/OV good fruit aromatic nose; soft light vanilla/Am.oak some black cherry/strawberry/fruity some dusty/OV smooth/silky pleasant flavor w/ light gentle tannins; med.short fruity/black cherry/strawberry some vanilla/Am.oak pleasant finish w/ little tannins; a pleasant enough drinkable red but not very interesting; decent red for the price. $10.00 (KK)

1. Cato de Hoyas Dd’O: Campo de Borja (70% Garnacha/3% Syrah; 13.5%) 2018: Very dark color; strong blackberry/Syrah/strawberry/framboise light Am.oak/vanilla some dusty/OV youthful slight Rhonish attractive nose; lightly tart strong blackberry/Syrah/framboise/Grenache some dusty/OV light Am.oak/vanilla attractive flavor w/ light gentle tannins; med.long fairly strong blackberry/Syrah bit framboise/Grenache bit dusty/OV light Am.oak finish w/ light tannins; much more fruit than the other two & the best of a sorry lot. $10.00 (KK)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. Campo de Borja is a small appellation in Northern Spain in the Aragon region that you don’t see much wine from. These wines were not at all bad nor flawed, just not particularly interesting.
    FloatingWorld is one of the very small distributors in NM that usually has some very interesting wines. These three were not some of those, though the price was right.
    The MosenCleto btl had some sort of fake plastic stuff sprayed on it. To make it look like it came from an old dusty cellar. When I checked out at Koko, I pointed out to Ernest that the btl was pretty grungy & would he dust off the btl for me. He whipped out a rag. “It won’t come off”, then realized I was jerking his chain.
    The Cato de Hoyas had one of those hard/plastic corks that was like whatever the brand was when they first started making plastic corks. A bitch to extract from the btl. But this one had a little step in the interior end that allowed you to stick that end of the cork & close up the btl.
    Tom