TN: 2018 Christian Moreau Père & Fils Chablis

This is the basic Chablis from a producer who gets some good words here on WB. I don’t know how 2018 may be in terms of a vintage for Chablis, but I do know that I like this 2018 bottle. I have had some recent, though limited, experience with Chablis at this entry level / price point, Those were mostly from 2017. I find this one especially interesting and enjoyable in that it has a lot to say, but doesn’t speak loudly about anything. The three main characteristics in the taste profile are mostly citrus and some green apple fruit, an acid undercurrent, and a chalky mouthfeel and aftertaste. Typical of the Chablis that I have previously experienced. What impresses me is how these three components are knitted together in this wine in a way that I seem to experience them all together. Balance and touch. I loved it. Very enjoyable. Recommended.
moreau chablis.jpg
P.S. My wife wondered if the producers were related to “Jean” Moreau. I said “you mean that actor who played the beast in Cocteau’s Beauty and the Beast”. She said “No, I mean the actress, Jeanne Moreau.” I said "Oh, yeah, that was Jean Marais who played the beast.” (Good recovery!)

And the there’s Jean-Joseph, aka J Moreau et fils.