TN: 2015 Parusso Barolo (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
IlkkaL

TN: 2015 Parusso Barolo (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

#1 Post by IlkkaL » September 27th, 2020, 4:55 am

I believe this is the first 2015 Barolo for me and as the vintage reputation is that of a solar one I foolishly decided to open this half bottle last night a couple of hours before dinner without a care in the world (no prior experience with the producer either). Boy did this one have an attitude! No signs of any unnecessary ripeness, this is textbook stuff with the sort of respect demanding structure Barolo is supposed to have. Yesterday I did not know what to think, today I find this very attractive and I think there is some space in my cellar for additional bottles.
  • 2015 Parusso Barolo - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (27.9.2020)
    From a half bottle. Initially completely disjointed with a clipped finish, would not move with a couple of hours in the decanter. Fortunately it is a totally different story the next day. Just wonderfully classic on the nose: dry, super savory and sour-fruited with bright red cherry, very appropriate oaking, amaro, truffle and rose petals. Just so very expressive, detailed and clear. On the palate it is the embodiment of confidence and style. Muscular, broad and poised with very pure, savory red fruit and absolutely no puppy fat. The tannins grip mightily pretty early on but they are not harsh or too aggressive to strip all the flavor away. There is great brightness and authenticity to it and you can just say immediately that this is that classic stuff that will greatly reward cellaring. Not overly complex on the palate but just beautiful with great length. Good value.
Posted from CellarTracker
Last name = L u !V! !V! e

Return to “Wine Talk”