Dream 5 Wine Allocations!

Hey gang! I was wondering what the top 5 California Cabs (or Cab Blends) wait lists are as of 2020? I think mine are:

MacDonald
Screaming Eagle
Harlan
Schrader
Scarecrow

If you could snap your fingers and have carte blanche allocations of 5 different California Cabs (or Cab Blends) wineries, what would you choose?

In no particular order :

Screaming Eagle
MacDonald
Screaming Eagle
MacDonald

One the of the 2 above round out my top 5.

MACDONALD
Screaming Eagle
Rinse and repeat
For reds, everything else is readily gettable at reasonable pricing

As far as I can tell, it’s down to these two.

No wait for Schrader by the way.

MACDONALD
Screagle
Crow
William and Mary (based on how fast it sold out this year)
Maybach
Outpost True

Can pretty much get passed allocations for everything else regularly.

Curious why everyone has SE on their list? Because youve never had it? Because its unattainable? Because its flippable? Or because youve had it and think its that good and worth the price?

Because I’ve never had it.
Because it’s unattainable.
Because it’s flippable.
And I can post on WB that I got it…

Well that honesty. Interested what others think.

Ive had it and while its very good wouldnt be my top 5 to drink.

Solely because it’s flippable. And I’ve never flipped a single bottle. Would be too irresponsible not to.

So I can dump a bottle down the sink and say I drink like Fu. Obviously…

New to WB, this dream allocation thread caught my attention right away. Have similar affection for Scarecrow (and above all Realm), but do not know what the mailing list price is for Macdonald as I patiently wait in line to be on that list. Would be grateful if someone here who does receive allocation could share what it is currently. And how it has changed over the last few years. For reference K&L has auction for 2x 2016 Macdonald for $760 as of 9/27 but know it will certainly ratchet up past $1,000

165 for mcd.

I’m not on the list but have been able to get a couple bottles of each vintage for substantially less than 300/pop. Deals are out there if you know where to look.

Hm was that new? Still a good deal at about 200/pop delivered.

I think ultramarine, mcd, and screagle are the lists with long waits. Maybe still sqn/Cayuse?

Went to 175 last year and stayed there this year.

Jumping on the band wagon with everyone else, while there are other allocations I would love receive, there are only 2 California Cabs:
Macdonald
Screaming Eagle

Would like to add one other, only because I know nothing about it…other than I am not supposed to know anything about it…not sure if it is even wine (hopefully it isn’t like naming a demon):
Deus Ex Vinum [diablo.gif]

I know you said Cali, but I took dream allocations more broadly

Liger Belair
Roumier
Rousseau
Roulot
Leroy / D’auvenay
Coche

It’s attainable though overly expensive, it’s flippable, I’ve had it, it’s good, it’s not worth the price. Flippability seems a driver.

Those don’t require allocations. There are opportunities out there for good prices, albeit pretty much exclusively outside the US.

What do you mean? Sure, everything is attainable, but getting allocation of Liger Belair or any of the others listed would severely drop your access price. In the US, that’s the benefit of the WD PCG list for DRC (slight benefit for Leflaive).