TN: 2019 Keller Scheurebe trocken

2019 Keller Scheurebe trocken
It’s a MORSTEIN. 40-50 years old Scheurebe vines in the Morstein vineyard. And not available outside the estate. I am happy that I could surprise such true Riesling experts like Robert Dentice from NY and Göran van den Brink from Stockholm a few years ago with a Keller Scheurebe trocken chez lunch (White Asparagus with olive oil and parmesan) at my home in Berlin. It’s always a good thing to surprise guests with something new.

Here you have sublime Scheurebe flavors of white currant, gooseberry and elder. But behind is a monster minerality and a acidity which delivers grip. And as always the signature of the estate Keller…purity, precision and clarity. not bad

70D7FB80-AFD4-4006-AEBD-1DAD6A0F6F59.jpeg

Wow, nice.

Martin
I got a 6 pack of the 2018 but could not get the 2019… so I bought a 6 pack of Kuhling Gillot Scheurebe… but not from Morstein…

Sounds great; thank you for the note.

So is this different, then, from the Scheurebe trocken available more widely, some of the 2015 of which I own (labels look the same)?

It’s the same Scheurebe, Joshua. I would recommend to open a bottle now.

But I don’t think you will find any 19er.

Will never forget that lunch! I have been obsessed with the Scheurebe Trocken ever since! And the pairing with the white asparagus and in your beautiful home.

Thanks all - love hearing these comments! Was lucky enough to snag a 15 Scheurebe Trocken at auction - can’t wait to drink it!

Thanks for sharing Martin. I always look forward to when you post a new TN. It’s always a bottle that is really fun to read about and you are always honest and insightful in your notes.

Martin, my mouth was watering as I read your note. Well played.

I love scheurebe, but my only experience with Keller scheurebe has been in spatlese form one Thanksgiving – also very highly recommended!

DANKE, guys. You made my day.

[drinks.gif]