Favorite Virtual Tasting of 2020

What’s everyone’s favorite virtual tasting been so far in 2020?

I’ve watched a few zoom tastings since March, but I’m probably the most excited about this upcoming event with Spottswoode. My first direct purchase was their 2010 and it’s the longest vertical I have in my collection, even sourced their 2009 locally to extend it. In case you didn’t get the details-

We invite you to join Spottswoode winemaker and vineyard manager Aron Weinkauf and Lisa Perrotti-Brown, MW, Editor-in-chief of Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, for an incredible vertical tasting of Spottswoode Estate Cabernet, vintages 2010-2018

Friday, October 9, 3:00 pm PT / 6:00 pm ET

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2SiPZR8MRCWe3Clx-NdrjQ

Epoch tasting of Ingenuity with Jordan Fiorentini. I popped a 2013 Ingenuity and it was amazing.

for those of you who have participated in Virtual Tastings this year, i’m curious if you’d be willing to offer some additional information about the experience? looking to know about the following:

• was the VT set up to feature specific wines from the producer? did you purchase and have the wines shipped ahead of the VT, or pull them from your own cellar?

• if you did have wines shipped to you for the VT, were they standard 750ml bottles, or some other size?

• who was the host for the VT? were there any “special guests” invited to attend, or a pop-in from the winemaker/principal?

• were there any contests, games, trivia, etc. as part of the experience?

• did you receive any recipes or food pairing suggestions ahead of the VT?

any and all feedback is appreciated - thanks!

I missed them all but I adored the Flannery Zoom session on butchering … joy!

I have three favorites:

Flannery WB zoom
Morgan and Joel WB zoom
Dirty and Rowdy weekly zoom calls