Couple of fancy-schmancy PN's: Ceritas, Patricia Green, Failla

I’ve not drunk that much PN recently, but our fellow hunkering-down neighbors invited us for a roasted chicken and I thought it was a good opportunity to dig a little deeper and get some nice ones out.

Started with the 2018 Ceritas Elliott and followed that with the 2018 Patricia Green Lia’s Vineyard and chased it with the 2018 Failla Reuling. All were as expected very good, certainly all in the 92-93+ range, in my opinion. The Ceritas is certainly the most nervy and primal in its fruit, the PGC was a little sweeter somehow and had more compote’d fruit profile, but without ever becoming New World (if that makes sense). The Failla was a little more earthy (which I often find with them) and slightly softer. Very hard to single anyone out, but for me the Ceritas, with it’s nervy, fresh tart profile was half an inch ahead. But they all were outstanding and anyone would be very impressed by them. I also really love how good they drink when this young.

Finally, these were the last PN’s I had in house, so will see if and when I get around to getting some new ones, but I can’t help feeling a bit naked not having any! [truce.gif]

Great Stuff! [cheers.gif]

IMG_9206.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9207.JPG

I find that Ceritas Pinots need a year or two after release to mellow out and lose that nervy, steely edge.

The Ceritas was probably about a year old by then. I was surprised at how good it showed. New World climate has its perks: pop and pour or age - your choice!

BTW, just got the new allocation/offer from Ceritas and although I don’t love their pricing, it’s an easy buy.