Which Cailloux to bring?

I’m supposed to bring a Cayuse wine to a WA syrah tasting. I have 2009-2017 Cailloux and I haven’t touched any so I don’t know which are drinking the best. CT scored are fairly consistent in the 93 range (except 2011 gets docked a point), but the notes are all over the place: “pronounced funk,” “no funk,” etc. I thought the 14 with it’s 100 pt WA
score might be best to try, but maybe some of the Cayuse lovers out there can give me some insight.

My limited experience with Cayuse thus far is that older is always better.

I agree they need age, just not sure how much. My first Cayuse was 04 Frog, discovered at Hospice du Rhone in 2006 and it was drinking well young. I was slow to sign up for the list so I didn’t get an allocation until the 09 Cailloux. While I was waiting I found bottles of En Chamberlain and Armada from 04-09 which were all great. I have tried a bottle of Cailloux here and there. The 2012 never came together even after a full day open and the 2009 was ho hum. Not sure if it’s me or bottle variation, but I remember an outstanding 07 En Chamberlain and nothing quite as good since.

I’d take a 2010.

I think the 10 & 11 Cailloux are both drinking nicely now.

Have limited experience with Cayuse (maybe drank 10-12 bottles) but I’ve always found the more age the better.

2010 it will be. Looking forward to my cellar purchase arriving soon which includes a 10 Frog.