TN: 1990 Château La Louvière Blanc (France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan)

1990 Château La Louvière Blanc - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan (9/19/2020)
Dark amber color. Nose of butter cream, light baking spice, and dried tree fruit. Flavor profile of nutmeg and apricot among other flavors (slate, other minerals). A lot of depth here. Acid and alcohol in perfect balance it carries the flavors into an impossibly long finish.

At peak or maybe just past, but didn’t seem like anything had faded. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Wow, the dark amber color would have made me sure the wine had maderized. Glad it turned out to be ok. Lucky guy.

Not brownish. More sauternes, apple juice, not apple cider, if that makes any sense. Maybe dark amber was a little too much. I need a color wheel by the wine station. :slight_smile:

Just looked at the Wine Folly chart. The Wine Color Chart | Wine Folly

With their terms, I would call it a medium amber.

Well even medium amber is pretty dark. I don’t quibble with your description of the color originally, I just am surprised the wine was ok. Nice to know a non-sticky can be that dark and still drink well.

Yeah, we were pleasantly surprised. This was one of those I just forgot about and was doing a Cellar Tracker “over the hill” purge last week. I was expecting it to be flat or oxidized, but it was neither [cheers.gif]